Procedure and cost to start a KFC franchise in India
Are you a lover of fast food especially non-veg food items and willing to invest in a fast-food company, then just know about the Kentucky Fried Chicken Franchise in India, which is popularly known as KFC. This blog provides you all the details about the procedure to get the KFC franchise in India.
About KFC franchise in India and cost to start
Nowadays people are fond of fast food. In today’s world, it is very easy to get some fast food stalls near you to serve items such as pizzas, sandwiches, burgers, etc. to satisfy your appetite irrespective of the place you stay in any part of the world. There are fast-food chains for instance Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Burger King, Domino’s, Pizza Hut, etc. which are famous across the world which are meant to serve tasty food to a wide range of people daily. One such fast-food chain that is popular in the entire world is KFC which is a short form for ‘Kentucky Fried Chicken’. If a person eats chicken, it is rightly said that he or she should have the chicken prepared in KFC at least once in their lifetime.
Today, KFC is one of the biggest brands in the food industry and it is extending to get bigger and superior. Its delicious chicken items and their recipe prepared with the perfect mix of herbs and spices had facilitated KFC in acquiring popularity across the world and has also assisted in building a huge customer base in the entire world.
About the company
Kentucky Fried Chicken, also popular as KFC, is a fast-food restaurant chain whose chief specialty is fried chicken. The company is having its headquarters in the United States of America in the city of Kentucky. Coming to sales, KFC is the second-largest fast-food restaurant chain in the globe. As we know McDonald’s stands as first. The company has a worldwide presence which is evident from the fact that as of December 2018, the company is established in 136 countries with about 22,621 locations across the globe.
The person behind KFC is Colonel Harland Sanders, popularly known to be the founder of KFC. Sanders initiated the company as a roadside restaurant where he used to sell fried chicken at the time of the great depression. Sanders later felt that the company had the prospective for the concept of franchising and thus, the first ‘Kentucky Fried Chicken’ franchise outlet was inaugurated in the year 1952 in the city of Utah. Sanders also felt to keep his image as the company’s logo which aided in advertising of the company. KFC is also famous for its catchy slogans like ‘So Good’, and ‘Nobody Does Chicken Like the KFC, ‘It’s Finger-Lickin’ Good!’’.
After the year 1963, KFC turned into the biggest fast-food operation in America with greater than 600 restaurants that were distributed all across the country. From that point, the company has increased and in the year 2013, KFC reached a sales record of around 23 billion dollars.
Market potential of KFC in India
KFC is increasing at a fast rate in India. Today, the company’s turnover is estimated to be around 400 crore rupees. The market share bagged by KFC in India is about 25 percent and the company value is around 1,500 crore rupees in India.
KFC products popular in the market
KFC is most famous for its chicken pieces which are fried and then seasoned with the Colonel Sanders’ recipe that consists of 11 spices and herbs. This should not be confused that KFC is restricted to its signature food item. The company also offers a range of snacks like sandwiches, salads, rice bowls, wraps, burgers, and different types of beverages.
KFC franchise in India
The company has about 350 KFC outlets in various parts of India. In June 1995 KFC opened its first store in India that was a two-story building on Brigade Road in Bangalore. The company began to expand outside of Bangalore in 2004.
To cater to the requirements of vegetarian people in the country, KFC also initiated the ‘So Veg, So Good’ menu which targeted the vegetarian consumers of the country. With its popularity within the Indian public and its delicious taste that aims to gather both vegetarian and non-vegetarian people, KFC has successfully become one of the biggest brands in the food industry in India.
You may also like this: Blue Dart Franchise Business in India.
How to apply for a KFC franchise in India
Below are some stages to apply for the KFC franchise in India:
- The first step must be is to visit the company’s official website.
- Next, you should search for the option ‘Alliance with Us’.
- Upon clicking that, a KFC franchise application form India will emerge.
- The individual must fill in the KFC franchise application form India for the KFC dealership.
- Many personal and professional details must be included in the application form by the candidate.
- The form is then examined by the executive of KFC. If the application is chosen, the company people will contact the person for the next steps.
- The franchisee, along with his or her employees, must pass the required training programs arranged by the company to get the ideas and skills for the business to run the store successfully.
KFC dealership requirements
Certain requisites must be checked by any person to obtain the KFC franchise. The main requisite for a franchisee is regarding the storage space or place needed to set up the restaurant. The store must have an adequate area for the kitchen, equipment, seating arrangement for the consumers, etc. The workers must be able to move freely to serve the items and for their daily duties. The area needed by a KFC franchisee for a store is about 1,000 to 1,500 square feet.
KFC franchise cost in India
One major aspect that every franchisee takes should be aware of before deciding as to whether to spend in a company or not is the charges incurred for the franchise. Based on the region of the store, a person should invest about 1 to 2 crore rupees along with the usual royalty fee of 4% to the KFC. Hence you need to arrange a minimum of 2 crores for the KFC franchise in India investment.
KFC franchise contact details
If any person has any doubt or problem and desires to need information about the staff of KFC India, they can use the below details to get answers for their problems:
Business Development Yum! Restaurants (India) Pvt. Ltd. Global Business Park Tower D, 12 Floor Gurgaon – 122002, India.
Tel: 0124-4025100 Email: email@example.com.
Commonly asked questions related to KFC franchise in India
How can I get a KFC franchise in India?
To acquire a KFC dealership, the primary step any person must do is to check the company’s official website. There, the applicant must fill out an application form for the KFC franchise. The form will be verified by the staff of KFC. If the staff supports the application form, they will reach the person and proceed further.
How much does it cost to start a KFC franchise?
The KFC franchise price or cost to start the KFC franchise is estimated to be about 1 to 2 crore rupees. The cost may differ based on the location of the outlet.
Is the KFC franchise profitable in India?
You cannot obtain the exact information or any details on the internet about the profitability of a KFC franchise in India. KFC has successfully bagged about 25 percent of the market share of the company and is presently valued to be about 1,500 crore rupees. So, these stats indicate that a person planning to initiate the franchise in KFC will land in profits.
Who owns the KFC franchise in India?
KFC is owned by the Yum! Brands in India.
The Conclusion to start a KFC franchise in India
KFC is increasing at a fast rate in India. Today, the company’s turnover is estimated to be around 400 crore rupees. The market share of KFC in India is about 25 percent and the company value is around 1,500 crore rupees in India. All these details confirm that it is a perfect idea to invest in a company like KFC and be the KFC franchisee. So, if you are having the capital to invest and that too in a fast-food restaurant chain and the best available option is to open a KFC franchise in India.
In case if you are interested in this: Hydroponic Nutrient Chart.
- Peanut Butter Making Business Plan: Equipment, Cost, and Profit
- Tyre Fitment Centre Business: Plan, License, Cost to Start, and Profits
- How to Start Gold Import-Export Business in India: A Step-by-Step Profitable Guide for Beginners
- 10 Best Artificial Jewellery Manufacturers in India
- 12 Best Paper Cup Manufacturers in India
- 10 Garden Tools Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Fertilizer-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 9 Profitable Repair-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses