Introduction To Jute Rope Project Report, Manufacturing Business Plan: If you are willing to initiate a jute rope or jute twine manufacturing business, then this article includes information about how to start the business comprising jute rope or Sutli manufacturing process, required raw materials, expenses, and essential machinery.
Jute is a natural product and an eco-friendly fiber. It is famous as a golden fiber for its extensive characteristics such as good tensile strength, silkiness, low extensibility, long stability, is heat resistance, luster, and long-staple lengths. Presently, India, China, and Bangladesh are the three countries that are majorly jute-producing places in the world.
A Guide to Jute Rope Project Report, Manufacturing Business Plan, and License
If you dwell in a jute-producing area, then it is recommended to start a jute twine-making business with low capital. Not only these advantages, the business demands very little capital and area for operation.
Market potential of Jute Rope Manufacturing Business
Generally, the jute segment has a significant role and contributes to the economy of any nation. With jute, we can have some other important value-added products. They are carpet, apparel, composites, decorative, upholstery furnishings, fancy non-woven for new products, decorative color boards, etc.
Traditional products chiefly contain Hessian, Carpet-backing cloth, and sacking and diversified items include blankets, decorative fabrics, gift articles, shopping handbags, and wall hangings.
According to the quality and thickness, we have three different types of jute twines one can manufacture. They are basic twine, export and the last one is sacking twine. The general type of twine is used for packaging purposes. However, others are significant ingredients in producing fishing nets, clothes, carpets, etc. Besides, the various types of jute ropes are gaining great potential in the export market too.
Business plan for starting Jute Rope Manufacturing
Preparing a business plan is necessary. Irrespective of the size of any business, craft a specific business plan. Mainly, you have to note down what particular type of jute rope you are interested to manufacture. When you plan the various types, next determine the production capacity. Accordingly, you must arrange your unit and monitor all the financial aspects. Apart from all these aspects, select a marketing plan for your business.
License approvals required to start Jute Rope Manufacturing Business
Below is the list of approval required to start the Jute Rope Manufacturing Business in India.
- Register your business identity
- MSME registration
- GST registration
- Get the PAN Card
- Registration of firm
- Shop Act License
- IEC Code
- Export License
- Fire and Safety
- No Objection Certificate from pollution board
- Trade license from local municipal authority
Area required for establishing the Jute Rope business unit
When you do not have your own space for establishing the unit, then it is recommended to choose a rental location. It will support in reducing the startup investment in case the land is owned by you. While deciding the location, ensure that the power and water provision is there. Also, check the distance from closely located market and if the transport facilities are there or not. Commonly, about 800 sq. ft. area is sufficient for starting a small unit.
The machinery required for starting Jute Rope Manufacturing Business
We have mentioned the essential and primarily used machinery here for your convenience.
- Fiber extraction machine
- Fibre carding machine
- Rope finishing M/C
- Automatic feed rope making
- Semi-auto twisting machine
- Hand making coil winding M/C
- Weighing scales, etc.
Raw materials required for Jute Rope Manufacturing Business in India
The basic raw material includes two entities. They are raw jute and packaging constituents. The manufacturing process is simple. It does not demand skilled workers. The company which supplies the machine could be requested for providing some initial training regarding the operation to the staff.
The manufacturing process of Jute Rope
in case if you miss this: Sandalwood Oil Project Report.
In this method, long jute stalks are sent through pinned roller at a higher speed. Later they are cut into an entangled mass of equal length and are arranged in the form of a ribbon that is uniform in weight per unit length. Some of the common manufacturing stages include:
- Fiber extraction
- Carding of extra fiber
- Converting of spun jute yarn into sutli/rope.
- Sutli/rope coiling
- Weighing and packing
Normally, jute rope making is a very easy business for the beginning. Moreover, there are several facilities you can have to grow this business in the future.
Industrial Manufacturing of Jute Rope
You may also check this:
Jute passes through three steps: Breaker carding, inner carding, finisher carding.
Breaker carding: Root cutting is essential before introducing it into the manual feed breaker machine.
Inner carding: In this process, jute will be softened after it is gathered by hand-feeding with a suitable weight.
Finisher carding machine: This machine will make the sliver more uniform and regular in terms of the length and weight obtained from the Breaker carding machine. The Finisher carding machine is similar to the Breaker Carding Machine but it includes pair of rollers, pinning arrangement, staves, and speed. Around 4 -12 slivers are obtained from the Breaker carding machine and are fed on the finisher machine.
Quality control and specifications in Jute Bag Making
IS: 6753- – 1981 is for the fertilizers
IS: 8069- – 1981 is for the pesticides
HDPE woven sacks can also be manufactured according to the need and major customers.
Financial aspects in Jute Rope Making business
A: Fixed Capital:
Land & Building:
Workspace 1200 sq. meters on long-term monthly rental basis Rs. 1,800
Plant and Machinery:
- Wooden Printing Table: Rs. 25,000
- Screen of Diff. Design: Rs. 10,500
- Rubber Wiper: Rs. 1,250
- Dye Paste Stirrer: Rs. 1,4400
- Water Drum: Rs. 3,800
- Cottage Steamer: Rs. 16,500
- Tubes, Steel Spoons, Mugs, Bucket, Roper, Clips, Stools etc.: Rs. 6,800
Total: Rs. 78,250.
- Lock Stitch Machine: Rs. 28,200
- Wooden Working Table: Rs. 4,000
- Cutting Table: Rs. 1,800
- Electric Fittings: Rs. 4,500
Scissors, Measuring tape, and other Equipment: Rs. 2,800
Total: Rs. 41,300
Total Machinery: Rs. 1,19,550
Furniture and Fixture:
Office furniture like almirah, table, chair, rack, etc. Rs.12,500
Total non-recurring expenditure/ fixed.
Capital: Rs. 1,32,050.
Working Capital per month:
Monthly expenses for Salary & Wages:
Manager cum Supervisor: Rs. 3,000
Clerk cum-Accountant: Rs. 2,000
Salesman: Rs. 4,000
Peon/ Chowkidar: Rs. 1,000
Master Printer/ Designer: Rs. 2,500
Master Cutter: Rs. 2,200
Stitching Machine Operator: Rs. 9,000
Skilled Printer: Rs. 6,000
Unskilled Worker: Rs. 6,000
Sum: Rs. 35,700
Add: Perquisite @ 20%: Rs. 7,140
Total: Rs. 42,840.
Raw Material Consumption per month: Rs. 1,08,150
Monthly Other Expenses: Rs. 8,800
Total Working Capital per month: Rs. 1,59,790
Total Working Capital for 3 months: Rs. 4,79,370
Total Capital Investment: Rs. 6,11,420.
Cost of Production per year:
- Total Recurring Expenditure: Rs. 19,17,480
- Depreciation on Plant & Machinery @ 15% p.a.: Rs. 17,933
- Depreciation on Furniture @ 10% p.a.: Rs. 1,250
- Interest on total Capital Investment @ 12% p.a.: Rs. 73,370
Total: Rs. 20,10,033.
Turnover per year:
Printed & Decorated Jute Rope: Rs. 26,25,000
Total Turnover (incl. tax): Rs. 26,25,000
Net Profit per year:
Turnover per year – Cost of production per year = Rs. 26,25,000 – Rs. 20,10,033 = Rs. 6,14,967
Profit Ratio on Sale = 6,14,967 x 100/26,25,000 =23.43%
Rate of Return = 6,14,967 x 100 / 6,11,420 =100.58%.
Break Even Point Analysis:
- Depreciation on Plant & Machinery: Rs. 17,933
- Depreciation on Furniture & Fixture: Rs. 1,250
- Interest on Total Capital Investment: Rs. 73,370
- Rent: Rs. 21,600
- Insurance: Rs. 18,000
- 40% Salary & Wages: Rs. 2,05,632
- 40% of other expenses excluding rent & insurance: Rs. 42,240
Total: Rs. 3,80,025
Beak Even Point = Fixed Cost x 100/Fixed Cost + Profit = 3,80,025 x 100/3,80,025+6,14,967 = 3,80,02,500/9,94,992 = 38.19%.
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- 13 Profitable Handmade Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Meat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 13 Profitable Pets Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Services
- 13 Profitable Medical Equipment Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Beauty-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing and Services
- 10 Profitable Citrus-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Leather Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Garlic Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Ginger Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Organic Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Health and Wellness Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Turmeric Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Rose-Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Sugarcane Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Banana Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 20 Profitable Heat Press Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Printing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Wheat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Corn Based Business Ideas: Make Money with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Jute Based Business Ideas: Make Money with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Cotton Based Business Ideas: Money Making with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Compost Based Business Ideas: Money Making with Low Investment