Introduction to Peanut Butter project report, manufacturing process, and Business Plan: Peanut Butter is the paste of peanuts that can be prepared by grounded dry roasted peanuts. If you are unaware of the information about how peanuts are transformed to peanut butter or how peanut butter is made in factories, then this post will help you understand all the essential data like what is the widely used variety of peanut for peanut butter making, applications of Peanut Butter, and what is the best and nutritious peanut butter.
A guide to Peanut Butter project report, manufacturing process, and business plan
Business plan for starting Peanut Butter Manufacturing: To start a small-scale Peanut Butter Manufacturing Business in India, you need to first draft a perfect business plan by considering the following points:
- Basis and presumptions of Peanut Butter Manufacturing Business
- Implementation schedule of Peanut Butter Manufacturing Business
- List of approvals required to start Peanut Butter Manufacturing Business
- Raw materials required for Peanut Butter Manufacturing Business
- List of machinery and equipment for preparing Peanut Butter
- Manufacturing process of Peanut Butter
- Project economics of Peanut Butter Manufacturing Business
Basis and Presumptions of Peanut Butter manufacturing business
The Peanut Butter Manufacturing project profile relies on the following assessments:
- Working hours/shift: 8 hrs.
- No. of shift/day:1
- Working days: 300
- Labor expenses: According to State Government’s Minimum Wages Act.
- Rate of interest: 15% per annum
- Costs of machinery and equipment: Taken based on A particular dealer
- Value of raw material: As per local market Packing material/others rate (on wholesale rate)
- Land: owned
- Building Construction charge: About Rs. 2000 per sq. ft.
- Break-even point will be estimated on a full capacity utilization basis
- Pay-back time is 7 years
Implementation schedule of Peanut Butter manufacturing business
The project implementation schedule
- Project preparation: 0-1 month
- Location selection, acquisition of 1-2 months land and land development
- Loan Sanction: 1-3 months
- Building construction: 3-4 months
- Connection of electric supply and water: 4-5 months
- Obtaining machinery: 5-6 months
- Electrification and installation: 6-7 months
- Recruitment of staff and workers: 7-8 months
- Trial run can be initiated in 8-10 months
- Commercial production could start from 10-11 months
List of approvals and permits required to start Peanut Butter manufacturing business
The next step to start Peanut Butter Manufacturing Business in India is acquiring the below list of licenses, permissions and registrations –
- Register your business identity
- MSME registration
- GST registration
- Get the PAN Card
- Registration of firm
- Shop Act License
- FSSAI License
- IEC Code
- Export License
- Fire and Safety
- No Objection Certificate from pollution board
- Trade license from local municipal authority
Area required to start Peanut Butter manufacturing business
In around 3000 sq. ft, a small-scale unit can be established. However, the basic mill can be initiated in a much smaller region.
Equipment required to start Peanut Butter manufacturing business in India
The primary necessity while one desires to begin Peanut Butter business is ‘its machinery’. Equipment is essential for making Peanut Butter. The main equipment and the machinery, and the materials needed for Peanut Butter making are mentioned in the following section (considering all the types of flour mills):
- Availability of transportation facilities
- Electricity supply
- Water connection
- Semi-skilled staff
- Drainage provision
Machinery for example
- Bucket elevator
- Reel machine (3 segments)
- Rotary separator with aspiration channel
- V-Groove, Pulleys, Couplings, V-Belts, etc
- Scourer machine with aspiration channel
- Intensive dampener
- Indent cylinder
- Screw conveyor
- Weighing scale
- Dust cyclone
- L.P fan for cleaning
- Roller Mill body
- Roll Grooving and spindle cutting
- Super cyclone
Manufacturing process of Peanut Butter
In case if you miss this: Rosemary Oil Manufacturing Project Report.
The peanuts often have an additional component that enhances the taste, texture for instance the following: emulsifiers, sweeteners, and salt. In the next section, we have mentioned the basic steps of how peanuts are transformed into peanut butter.
Pre-clean the groundnuts or the peanuts
For obtaining the best quality of groundnuts, one must do precleaning of the groundnuts. This is performed by washing them neatly.
Removing the ground nuts shells
In this step, the hulls have to be properly removed with minimum or no damage to the nuts or seeds. To prevent the excessive brittleness of the kernels or shells and even to reduce dirt, the moisture of the unshelled peanuts will be adjusted or optimized.
Grading the ground nuts
It is necessary to grade the ground nuts the shelled peanuts to get a uniform material and avoid the mix of small and big peanuts.
Roasting the groundnuts
In this step called Roasting based on the moisture content, roasting is performed at 160 ° C for almost 40 – 60 minutes. This method aids to endorse the shelf life of peanuts and also enhances the flavor. This step thereby decreases the water content to 1%.
Cooling the roasted groundnuts
After roasting the peanuts, they will be cooled using a blower cooler cylinder. And the process is accomplished when the temperature reaches 86 °F or 30 °C.
In this process, the cooled peanuts will be blanched either by Heat or Water Blanching
1. Firstly, Heat Blanching
2. Secondly, Water Blanching
Heat Blanching is a traditional step where peanuts will be heated at 280 °F or 138 °C for around almost 20 minutes that helps to soften and split the skins.
Water Blanching is a new method in which the peanuts will be passed for the removal of outer red skin and later checked for the discolored grey nuts or black nuts.
Grinding the peanuts
In this stage, the peanuts will get grounded in a peanut butter mill that is performed in two stages to obtain fine and creamy butter. During this step, the outlet temperature will be regulated and kept at 65°C to 75°C. The ingredients such as sugar or salt will be added during this step.
You have to de-aerate
Here, one has to de – aerate them. This is performed by incorporating the air into peanut butter that is later separated in a Vacuum.
Cool the de-aerated peanuts
It is important to cool them again in this step in the basic steps of how peanuts are transformed into peanut butter. For this process, a scraped surface heat exchanger is used and cooled.
In this last step, based on the client’s instructions, the peanut butter is transferred to either pet jars or filled in metal drums.
It is necessary to pack the peanut butter in the bottles and stock them as the final step for how peanuts are made into peanut butter.
Peanut butter project report/Economics of Peanut Butter manufacturing business in India
How about this: Aloe Vera Gel Manufacturing Project Report.
i) Land and Building
Building 2000 sq. ft. @Rs. 2000 per Sq. ft: Rs. 4,00,000
Over Head Tank: Rs. 40,000
Total: Rs. 4,40,000
ii) Machinery and Equipments: Rs. 4,95,000
iii) Pre-operative Expenses: Rs. 25,000
Total Fixed Capital (i+ii+iii): Rs. 9,60,000.
i) Raw Materials
Groundnut with husk 75000 no’s 2 Rs. 10: Rs. 7,50,000
Polythene bags 75 kg @ Rs.120 per bag: Rs. 9,000
Plywood Boxes of 25kg capacity 300nos @ Rs.100 per box: Rs. 30,000
Labels, gums and other packing aids L.S: Rs. 10,000
Total: Rs. 7,99,000.
ii) Salaries and Wages
Manager cum Food technologist 1: Rs. 20,000
Sales man: Rs. 10,000
Skilled workers-2: Rs. 30,000
Helpers 10 no’s: Rs. 50,000
Total: Rs. 1,10,000
iii) Utilities: Rs. 11,300
iv) Other Contingencies: Rs. 13,700
Total working capital (i+ii+iii+iv): Rs. 9,34,000.
Total Capital Investment
a) Fixed Capital: Rs. 9,60,000
b) working Capital: Rs. 9,34,000
Total: Rs. 18,94,000.
Source of Fund
Term loan: Rs. 7,20,000
working Capital Loan: Rs. 7,00,500
Own fund: Rs. 4,73,500
Total: Rs. 18,94,000
Total loan amount required: Rs. 14,20,500.
Cost of production
Total recurring expenditure: Rs. 9,34,000
Depreciation on Building and tank @ 5%: Rs. 1,833
Depreciation on machinery and equipments @ 10%: Rs. 2,917
Depreciation on hand tools@ 15%): Rs. 438
Depreciation on Office equipments @ 20%: Rs. 1,000
Interest on loan (15%): Rs. 17,756
Total production cost: Rs. 9,57,944.
Say: Rs. 9,58,000
Turnover per month
Total: Rs. 10,75,000
Net profit per month: Rs. 1,17,000
Annual profit without tax: Rs. 14,04,000.
Break Even Point Analysis
1) Fixed Cost
Depreciation: Rs. 6,188
Interest: Rs. 17,756
40% of salary and wages: Rs. 44,000
40% 0f other expenses: Rs. 5,480
Total: Rs. 73,424
2) Net profit: Rs. 1,17,000
B.E.P = Fixed Cost x 100 / (Fixed Cost + Net profit) = 38.56%.
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- 13 Profitable Handmade Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Meat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 13 Profitable Pets Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Services
- 13 Profitable Medical Equipment Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Beauty-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing and Services
- 10 Profitable Citrus-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Leather Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Garlic Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Ginger Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Organic Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Health and Wellness Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Turmeric Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Rose-Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Sugarcane Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Banana Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 20 Profitable Heat Press Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Printing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Wheat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Corn Based Business Ideas: Make Money with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Jute Based Business Ideas: Make Money with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Cotton Based Business Ideas: Money Making with Low Investment