Introduction to Tailoring business plan, licensing, permission and marketing strategies: India is full of colours where you can find different colours and traditions in different cities when compared to other parts of world. You can find all varieties of clothes which are available across all the markets in India.
A guide to Tailoring business plan, licensing, permission
India produces top quality of silk along with other fabrics like cotton and bright colours are the best part of creation. Indian tailors are well-trained from deep roots this attracts customers not only from high-class designers but also lakhs of others who run their own tailoring shops or even boutiques with their own idea and creativity. With their creative entrepreneur skills there are many successful boutiques in India offering employment to many people. In India tailors attract the people by giving various beautiful combinations and designs which gives a lot opportunities to them.
Tailoring business can be categorized into two different sections –
- Sewing and Alternating Business – This is the most elementary form of tailoring business one can have. If you are virtuous in sewing and want to run a home based tailoring business, you can initiate with the stitching or sewing clothes and further grow and progress your range of services and grow in the same field.
- Sewing and Designing Business – In this kind of tailoring business, you not only sew or stitch clothes as per the client’s choice but you also advise and design the clothes which you can sell directly to your customers. This is more of a boutique where you have to use your own innovative ideas to make freshly designed clothes for your consumers. You will also get consumers who will offer you a design and must prepare to stitch the clothes similar to that design.
Market overview of Tailoring business
Tailoring business needs a lot of research of the fashions and trends which are in the market. It needs a thorough analysis of the market not only in terms of the style but also other particulars like the wholesale and the retail costs. The price of the products required to be purchased like sewing machines, raw materials like stitching accessories, dress material, etc.
You should not miss the Daycare Business Plan, License, Permit, Cost to Start.
- Firstly, try to research the market and knowhow the fashion and design patterns. You can talk to your colleagues, friends, and family members about their selection of clothes and even get more details from their connections and ask their relatives as well.
- Secondly, check the cost of the raw materials and the equipment you need before starting the business. Match different stores offline and online and try to have better goods as well as at rational prices.
- Lastly, try to gather knowledge through the social media and spread the idea of your start up to attract people.
Scope of Tailoring business in India
Earlier the tailor shops used to wait for the occasions like Diwali and Dussehra as most of us used to stitched clothes before festivals. But with the escalation in the standard of living, style is not restricted to the festivals rather there are numerous people who purchase clothes across the year.
Some of the main benefits of this trade are –
- You can convey and work on your own thoughts of style, fashion, and creativity.
- You can be liberated completely about your selections.
- You don’t have to employ people from the starting as a few number of people will be sufficient to run the business in the initial stages.
- The initial capital is really less as you would require stitching materials and sewing machine. When you get orders you can purchase the raw materials. But in case, you want to market your products on a decent platform, you must invest in few samples. You must create a few of your designs place a mannequin wearing them to showcase the designs to the local public. This might upsurge the initial capital but then also the margin is on the lower side in case it’s a tailoring business.
- Profit margins are on the upper side if you make your own styles and you can reap reasonable profits with basic tailoring and sewing business. But if you match the profit with your capital, the margins are quite pretty.
- You may start this business anytime and even sitting at home.
- It shows there is no need of a rented area to start your tailoring shop and can expand later.
Points to be remembered
There are two aspects which are the vital for success while starting a profitable tailoring business. If there is an enormous competition between the local tailors, so if you wish to start a tailoring business from your home, you must deliver something different and innovative way to your clients. Another aspect of this business is seasonal till your business gets enough name and becomes a brand to attract customer throughout the year.
For this shop, you must really patient as there are numerous customers who are unaware of style and trends but will give suggestions on it and ask you to change the designs. So you must handle them tactfully to avoid losses.
Business plan of Tailoring
Like every other business you must have a perfect plan for making it as a profitable business. Below you can see the basics of the business plan.
You should not miss the Bakery Business Plan, Setup Cost, License, Permission.
- Training and learning:You might be perfect at stitching your clothes and in fashioning your friend’s dress but for being a professional, you must know the right methods and have the correct skill set. You may have some vocational training on stitching and designing for understanding and being professional and innovative. You can also have the knowledge of various techniques through many online sites to aid you in this regard.
- Plan the Business requirement and write them down: You must have several types of colourful threads and needles that should be listed while you visit the market so that you will not forget. Search for new sewing machines online and relate the costs. If you insist to include technology to your tailoring business, add the prices and costs of the computers and software required for this trade. List out the local purchasers who might become potential buyer so that you can analyse the number of orders and make an approximation for the wages and salaries of the employees (if appointment).
- Registration:If you wish to do it professionally, you must stand by the laws and that is why you must register your business with the registrar of your state. If you are about to start the tailoring shop as a sole proprietor, you could register it as proprietorship business or else if you have some partners with you then it can be registered it as limited liability Company or partnership.
- Setting up the shop:Whether you want to place the shop inside at your home or in a rented area, you must design it as per your need. If the place is on rent, you must have a rent agreement but if you are initiating from home, manage to reorganize the area. You must need racks, tables, and hangers and a storing area to keep the raw materials.
- Purchasing the required equipment and raw materials: The main thing, you need to buy is proper sewing machines. There are several types of machine for diverse clothes. You need to choose which one you would need and then you can buy it online or offline. The cost of sewing machines in India is INR 3000 to INR 2.5 lacs. The professional sewing machines with automated techniques would be around thousands of rupees. You need to purchase mannequins and design clothes for them as samples which will add up to cost based on the type of clothes you are making for sample purpose. You would also need to purchase patterns for stitching accessories, printing, threads etc.
- Make a price list: Initiate with a few materials of your own and display them along with the price tag to attract the people. You can research on the general market price and set the price to your products.
Marketing strategies as part of Tailoring business plan
When you initiate a business with numerous competitors around, you must have some extraordinary ideas, creative designs and some of the advertising strategies that are mentioned below to acquire the clients and retain them.
You may aslo check the Jute Bag Making Business, Permission, and License.
- As this is the trend of online advertising, try to market your clothes and business via online and social media platforms.
- Offer your clients certain reductions and offers on their first purchase to fascinate more clients.
- Try to advise them something diverse and innovatively which would suit them and their fashion.
- Costs must be done very sensibly at the starting so that the clients get the interest in your business and clothes. With the upsurge in turnover, the prices may be elevated later.
If you are in India and have both entrepreneurial and creative skills at the same time you want to have your own tailoring business, follow this business plan and act properly. The market is massive and there are boundless opportunities to make your business project a cost-effective one.
You may be interested in Quail Farming Business Plan, License for Profit.