Starting Candy Making Business in India
When you plan to start your candy-making business then you are at the proper place. In this post, we have elucidated a clear picture of the candy business.
Candy making is a high profit and low capital start-up venture if planned properly. The candy-making start-up is an easy-to-go opportunity. The requirement for quality candies is growing. You may initiate candy making business even with less capital. It’s not only prevalent among children but adults too like to have them.
A step-by-step guide to Candy Making Business in India, License, Permission, Profit, Investment
Market research for Candy Making Business
Firstly, you should analyse the market and try to check out the coolest and most selling candies of your province. Once you have the idea of most selling candy in your region and then you can move ahead. Plan for either a similar type of candies that have a good market requirement or think for an innovative new candy flavor.
Skills required for starting Candy Making Business
We suggest you avail some candy-making courses. If you desire to make candies then you should get training from experts in their workshop. They will also provide you ideas on how to make great candies without much effort. To stand out in this candy market you have to prepare a unique candy. There are several candies available in the market to take inspiration such as tangy and sweet candies, Buttery candies, and many more.
Area required for starting Candy Making Business unit
To start candy making business you should acquire someplace. Firstly, you must set up the candy-making machines than an area to save the raw materials and proper region for packaging.
License, permissions and registrations required to start Candy Making Business in India
Candy Making Business is a food-based business model so you will need some licenses before initiating it. The below is the list: Registration of firm, GST registration, Trade license, Pollution certificate, MSME/SSI registration, EPI and ESI registrations, Trademark, FSSAI registration, IEC code, and FPO act.
- Business Entity: The first registration for any business is to register it as a business entity by knowing about the form of the organization. It could be as a sole proprietorship or a partnership or a limited liability partnership or a one-person company. This will help in availing a few benefits to the business and must, therefore, be selected carefully before registering the business at the Registrar’s office.
- FSSAI registration: As the Candy Making is classified as the processing of food or food products and thus as per the definition requires an FSSAI registration. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is meant for protecting and promoting public health by regulation and supervision of food safety hence FSSAI is a mandatory registration/license for the business. The FSSAI registration process is entirely online and quite easy to follow, once the documents are ready.
- Shop Act or Trade License: As the Candy Making business for example in Maharashtra, India requires applying for a Shop Act License from the local municipal authority to run the business. This license helps manage the working conditions along with working hours, leaves, wages, holidays, etc. of the employees and supports the business to run smoothly.
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration: As the Candy Making is categorized as a small business and hence it must be registered under Udyog Aadhaar which is a registration and recognition for MSMEs- micro, small, and medium enterprises.
- GST Registration: Every business, including the Candy Making, should associate with taxes at some point and for monitoring a single uniform taxation structure, the business should get a common GST number which stands for Goods and Service Tax.
- BIS certification: Apart from these registrations the business should get BIS certification as well as tax liabilities.
- No Objection Certificate from State Pollution Control Board: Candy Making doesn’t cause any pollution so no clearance is needed, however, it is recommended to check it with the State Pollution Control Board of the locality where the business is established.
Materials required for Candy Making Business
It is very essential to have power provision. To start a candy business, you must have a candy thermometer and other kinds of candy-making molds. Also, you must approach local suppliers to procure raw materials like flavors, sugar, etc. The essential aspect is the packaging of your candy. You must frequently plan how you can make an appealing packaging of your candy from time to time.
How to promote your delicious Candies
For any start-up venture, it is very crucial to endorse it appropriately. If you have a low financial status then you can approach the local supplier and ask them to allot your candies. You can encourage your candy online through Facebook and Instagram or any other social media platforms which are very famous currently. Also, you can encourage them on television and the Internet using ads if you have enough capital.
Machinery required for starting Candy Making Business
Initially, you can begin candy making business from your home but if you are determined to invest more money and initiate it on a commercial-scale then homemade candies are not going to meet the demand of the market. There are many candy-making machines you can purchase from online websites. We recommend you to select machines properly carefully and also verify if they are offering the installation or demo facility.
Investment required to start Candy Making Business
Your initial expenses will be around Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs. 5 lakhs (comprises the costs of obtaining a candy making machines automatic or semi-automatic, etc.). Of course, this is adjustable; you may be able to procure cheaper equipment, while prices are also dependent on whether you have the location or area to roast. Unfortunately, it can be hard to entice investment for this sort of startup (initially), so you will inevitably look for credit markets, preferably a type of business loan.
Profit in Candy Making Business
The profit from candy making business is based on several aspects such as
- The Production capacity
- Quality and requirement of candies
- Market policy
- Margin from candies
You can earn Rs. 1 lakh to 2 lakhs of profit in the initial stages later your profits might increase based on the taste and quality you produce. First you aim to establish your brand in the market with the taste.
Networking in Candy Making Business
Working in candy making industries also permits you to increase relevant contacts. As with all businesses, the more people you contact, the more likely you are to find your goal. If you’ve not been employed at your local hangout, then it’s not difficult to attract clients, but if you already have some idea and the customers need, you will find it a lot easier to customize your product.
Resources required to start Candy Making Business
In addition to the major technical equipment, you will also procure materials, such as packaging supplies, labels, and a point-of-sale (POS) device. You will still need a plethora of specialist resources for candy making purposes.
Profit margin in Candy Making business
You can earn good profit margin in Candy Making business. Initially it starts with 10-15 % later it increases to 30-35%.
How to attract customers in Candy Making Business
During your initial stages, you must identify your target market. Will you focus mainly on the on-the-go candy addict? Or, will you approach in a wholesale manner to clients in grocery shops, opt for supermarkets and artisan boutiques? This, of course, is dependent on you, although some specialists acclaim drawing wholesalers since they can provide a steadier income. Ultimately, your marketing plan relies on classifying this target demographic. When you have a proper customer profile, you can focus your efforts on the platforms that they frequent. There are several online and offline policies that you can device to gain this, although local SEO and social media are mainly important. Aside from that, there are other white-hat ideas you can use to attract customers to your brand.
- Work on freshness, aroma, and flavors in your marketing items.
- Specialize in a particular taste of candy from a particular region.
- Use suitable and relevant influencers to advertise your product.
- Establish and cultivate relations with specialists and spread their stories.
- Financially aid initiatives related to your industry
Marketing strategies to promote your Candies
In case if you miss this: How To Start Biofloc Fish Farming.
You could try selling your candies in local markets or you may sell online. You can also register in some of the popular B2B websites and B2C websites and use online markets to advertise your candies. You can also sell your products in small stores, supermarkets, in shopping malls, school canteens, etc. Promotion about your product through social media is very necessary to have a huge number of clients in this way you can grow and promote your business.
Conclusion of Candy Making Business
If you wish to start your own business then candy making business is an excellent opportunity to consider. Obviously in mind that many large and medium companies are controlling the candy market presently. To overcome and to be apart of this industry you have to tolerate some initial struggle.