Introduction to Candy Manufacturing Project Report, Business Plan: When you think about starting your candy-making business then you will have several questions in mind about the process, machinery, market, and location. In this article, we have explained some of the essential aspects of the candy business.
A guide to Candy Manufacturing Project Report, Manufacturing Process of Candy, Making Business Plan in India
Candy-making can be initiated with low capital but will get good returns if planned appropriately. The candy-making venture is simple and can be taken take without any trouble. The demand for quality candies is there because they are consumed not only by kids but the adults too love to have them.
Business plan for starting Candy Manufacturing Business
For starting Candy Manufacturing Business, you need to craft a business plan by considering the following points:
- Market potential
- Basis and presumptions
- Implementation schedule
- List of approvals required
- Raw materials required
- List of machinery and equipment
- Manufacturing process
- Project economics
Market potential of Candy Manufacturing Business
Firstly, you should thoroughly research the market and try to recognize the coolest and most selling candies in your locality or region. Once you get that information about most selling candy in your province and then you can plan easily. Plan to get a similar type of candies that having high demand presently or think about an idea and varied flavored candy.
Basis and presumptions of Candy Manufacturing Business
The Candy Manufacturing Project Profile relies on the following assessments:
- Working hours/shift: 8 hrs.
- No. of shift/day:1
- Working days: 300
- Labor expenses: as per the State Government’s Minimum Wages Act.
- Rate of interest: 15% per annum
- Costs of machinery and equipment: Taken based on A particular dealer
- Value of raw material: As per local market Packing material/others rate (on wholesale rate)
- Land: owned
- Building Construction
- Break-even point will be estimated on a full capacity utilization basis
- Pay-back time is 5 – 7 years
Implementation schedule of Candy Manufacturing Business
The project implementation schedule of Candy Manufacturing Business
- Project preparation: 0-1 month
- Location selection, acquisition of 1-2 months land and land development
- Loan Sanction: 1-3 months
- Building construction: 3-4 months
- Connection of electric supply and water: 4-5 months
- Obtaining machinery: 5-6 months
- Electrification & installation: 6-7 months
- Recruitment of staff and workers: 7-8 months
- Trial run can be initiated in 8-10 months
- Commercial production could start from 10-11 months
List of approvals and permits required to start Candy Manufacturing Business
The next step to start Candy Manufacturing Business in India is acquiring the below list of licenses, permissions, and registrations –
- Register your business identity
- MSME registration
- GST registration
- Get the PAN Card
- Registration of firm
- Shop Act License
- FSSAI License
- IEC Code
- Export License
- Fire and Safety
- No Objection Certificate from pollution board
- Trade license from local municipal authority
Skills required for starting Candy Manufacturing Business
We recommend you to get some crash course on candy-making. If you plan to manufacture candies then it’s essential to get training from specialists in their workshop. They will also provide the help you ain knowledge on how to make appealing candies without any troubles. To complete the ongoing competition in the candy market it is essential to have a unique candy. There are so many candies currently seen in the market. Few of them are buttery candies, tangy and sweet candies, and others.
Area required for starting Candy Manufacturing Business Unit
To establish a Candy Manufacturing business, you must identify someplace. Firstly, you must arrange the candy-making machines and install them in that location and also take care you have the place to store the raw materials and end product. Apart from that check the facilities of transporting the raw materials to the unit and packed end products to the market.
Materials required for starting Candy Manufacturing Business
It is very important to have a power connection. While beginning the candy business, you must comprise a candy thermometer and various types of candy-making molds. Also, you should contact the local suppliers to get the raw materials such as different flavors, sugar, etc. The vital feature is the wrapping of your candy. You must often plan how you get an attractive packaging of your candy.
The machinery required for starting Candy Manufacturing Business
In the beginning, one can start this candy-making business from home as well on small scale but on a commercial scale, you have to spend more money. Several candy-making machines can be bought from online platforms. We suggest you choose machines prudently and also check out the guarantee period, the installation or demo provision, and service options.
The manufacturing process of Candy
In case if you miss this: Paper Bag Manufacturing Project Report.
There are several exciting technologies available for candy manufacturing along with various types of candy manufacturing machinery. We can get complete machinery that is integrated with various processing lines as well as individual machines for each step involved in the candy manufacturing process. Some particular examples of the machinery involved in manufacturing are:
- Candy Mixing and Cooking
- Candy Molding
- Candy Aerating
- Candy Stamping
- Candy Cooling
- Candy Coating
- Candy Drawing
- Automatic Decorators
- Integrated Candy Manufacturing Solutions
- Candy Wrapping and Packaging
- Candy Quality Control Equipment
Candy Manufacturing machinery must have to be approved and authorized by the government. The technology seen in several modern candy manufacturing machines is highly sophisticated. The machines are mainly automated and regulated by computers with user-friendly touch screen operations. Manufacturing equipment is included with sophisticated sensors mechanism, electronics, and programmable regulators as the current state of the art.
Candy Manufacturing Project Report/ Economics of Candy Manufacturing Business in India
How About This: Rosemary Oil Manufacturing Project Report.
i) Land and Building
Building 2000 sq. ft. @ Rs.2000 per sq. ft: Rs. 4,00,000
Over Head Tank: Rs. 40,000
Total: Rs. 4,40,000
ii) Machinery and Equipments: Rs. 4,95,000
iii) Pre Operative Expenses: Rs. 25,000
Total Fixed Capital (i+ii+iii): Rs. 9,60,000.
i) Raw Materials: Rs. 7,99,000
ii) Salaries and Wages
Manager cum Food technologist 1: Rs. 20,000
Sales man: Rs. 10,000
Skilled workers-2: Rs. 30,000
Helpers 10 nos: Rs. 50,000
Total: Rs. 1,10,000
iii) Utilities: Rs. 11,300
iv) Other Contingencies: Rs. 13,700
Total working capital (i+ii+iii+iv): Rs. 9,34,000.
Total Capital Investment
a) Fixed Capital: Rs. 9,60,000
b) working Capital: Rs. 9,34,000
Total: Rs. 18,94,000.
Source of Fund
Term loan: Rs. 7,20,000
working Capital Loan: Rs. 7,00,500
Own fund: Rs. 4,73,500
Total: Rs. 18,94,000
Total loan amount required: Rs. 14,20,500.
Cost of production
Total recurring expenditure: Rs. 9,34,000
Depreciation on Building and tank @ 5%: Rs. 1,833
Depreciation on machinery and equipments @ 10%: Rs. 2,917
Depreciation on hand tools @ 15%): Rs. 438
Depreciation on Office equipments @ 20%: Rs. 1,000
Interest on loan (15%): Rs. 17756
Total production cost: Rs. 9,57,944
Say: Rs. 9,58,000.
Profitability in Candy Manufacturing Business
Total sale price of Candies manufactured: Rs. 15,49,000
Profit = Rs. 15,49,000 – Rs. 9,58,000 = Rs. 5,91,000.
Conclusion of Candy Manufacturing Project Report
If you wish to start a profitable business venture, then Candy Manufacturing Business is an excellent opportunity to start with. Yes, obviously there might be huge competitors but people will always support the new taste and healthy items. So, start thinking of an idea to give a variety, healthy and tasty candy that will attract the customers. Always remember that the quality product will attract more customers. Remember that at the initial stages, it takes time to get your brand registered so plan for few marketing strategies and use social media to promote your product. If once it gets registered your product will go in the hype.
- Peanut Butter Making Business Plan: Equipment, Cost, and Profit
- Tyre Fitment Centre Business: Plan, License, Cost to Start, and Profits
- How to Start Gold Import-Export Business in India: A Step-by-Step Profitable Guide for Beginners
- 10 Best Artificial Jewellery Manufacturers in India
- 12 Best Paper Cup Manufacturers in India
- 10 Garden Tools Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Fertilizer-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 9 Profitable Repair-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- 13 Profitable Handmade Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Meat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 13 Profitable Pets Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Services
- 13 Profitable Medical Equipment Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Beauty-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing and Services
- 10 Profitable Citrus-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Leather Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Garlic Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Ginger Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Organic Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Health and Wellness Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Turmeric Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses