Introduction to cello tape project report, manufacturing process, business plan: Most people want to be their own boss and start their own company. Starting your own business and having your own business are two of the things people dream about. Cello tapes and adhesive tape production are highly profitable and a relatively simple business to start. Tape is a fundamental element of everyday life, and it’s used in many places, including the workplace, the office, the restaurant, and at home. It is primarily used in the packaging and labeling industry.
A guide to cello tape project report, manufacturing process, business plan
Cello tape is used to wrap manufactured goods, such as boxes made of corrugated or cardboard, packages, boxes made of paper, and office items, to aid in transportation and delivery. Using Cello tape, you can adhere to materials together with a surface bond.
Types of Cello Tapes
- Transparent tape
- Masking tape
- Electric tapes
- Brown tapes
- BOPP Tapes (Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene)
- Single Side Coated Fabric
- Protection Tape
- Labeling tape
Cello tape belongs to the pressure-sensitive tapes category. More than 400 different types of pressure-sensitive tape are available, each in a variety of sizes and widths. In general, brown tape and transparent tape are commonly used. Market demand for cello tapes is constant.
An easy-to-start business with low startup costs that requires a small space. Additionally, cello tape can have a variety of designs printed on it for improved aesthetics.
Business plan for Cello Tape Manufacturing
Before starting a business, you need to craft a business plan by considering the below points:
- Market potential for Cello Tape Manufacturing Business
- List of approvals required for Cello Tape Manufacturing Business
- Area required for Cello Tape Manufacturing Business Unit
- Raw materials required Cello Tape Manufacturing Business
- List of machinery required for Cello Tape Manufacturing Business
- Manufacturing process of Cello Tape
- Project economics of Cello Tape Manufacturing Business in India
- Profitability in Cello Tape Manufacturing Business
Market potential of Cello Tape Manufacturing Business
The demand for cello tapes is very strong in the market, and it is an essential item in households, offices, shops, etc. In other words, if someone starts this business, they should be able to make good profits. By reading this article, you will learn how to start this kind of business.
It is no different than any other business to manufacture cello tape. Equipment and other tape-making materials will be required to start this business. Following the purchase of these items, you will be able to start your business, and these materials are easily available in the market.
Registrations and licenses required for starting Cello Tape Manufacturing Business in India
Getting a business registered is a must before you begin your business. You will be required to present documents such as Aadhar cards, voter ID cards, and PAN cards at the time of registration. It is very important for you to obtain these documents if you do not currently possess them. Consider a name that is appropriate and good for your business by which tour product will be recognized in the market.
Several factors need to be considered when setting up a business, including:
- Location is an important factor to consider when starting a business. Additionally, the availability of facilities like electricity, water supply, and easy transport facilities are mandatory.
- Registration of business
- GST registration and Trademark registration
- Factory license and NOC are also necessary for establishing a large-scale manufacturing unit.
- Local authority permission
Area required for starting Cello Tape Manufacturing Business
It is crucial to determine where the business will be located before starting the operation. And hence, it is vital that you consider the facilities like electricity, water supply, and transport in the place you will set up your business before you select the location. Once you confirm that you can use the entire facility, you can set up business there. When renting a location to start your business at, make sure that you obtain all the information you need regarding the rent of that location so there will be no problems with the rental process later.
Machinery required for Cello tape Manufacturing Business
The internet has paved the way for you to readily purchase any machinery at your convenience. All the information related to the machine is available through the link below. For a small business that requires only one machine, the price is Rs 5 lakhs. If you are looking to start on a small scale, then only one machine is needed. As an alternative, you can purchase 2-5 machines if you wish to start it at a larger scale.
Raw materials required for Cello tape Manufacturing Business
Cello tape can be made from many different kinds of materials and most of them are synthetic. Among the ingredients needed to make cello tape are cellulose, oil, cotton, and natural gas, used to make cellulose acetate and the derivation of cellulose. These materials are made from wood and cotton seeds. At a wholesale market, you can get these materials for a lower price. Current cotton prices are Rs 10,000 per quintal, while synthetics cost a starting price of Rs 600.
Manufacturing process of Cello Tape
To make raw cellulose, you need machinery that uses cotton seeds or wood. After making raw cellulose, add acidic acid and acidic anhydride to make triacetate. As a result of the mixture of chemicals and water, the chemical triacetate is transformed into cellulose acetate. Upon heating cellulose acetate, all moisture is absorbed, and after this process, it is mixed with plastic-making ingredients, as a result, cellulose acetate will become plastic palettes. Then, the palettes are melted and molded into thin plastic sheets. It takes 5 layers of tape to thicken the upper layer and this is done by combining them all. Thus, the tape’s upper layer is formed.
After making the tape, the next step will be to make the adhesive. A synthetic polymer chemical is needed in order to make adhesive. The tapes and adhesives made previously are finally combined in the final step, in which the upper layer of the tape and the adhesive are taped together. Using a machine, they are rolled into a tape and it is now ready to use.
The cello tapes are majorly made using synthetic materials only.
Preparing of Cellulose acetate
The raw cellulose is made from pulp or cotton seeds and then acetic anhydride and acetic acid are added, forming triacetate from cellulose. Cellulose acetate is created by mixing various chemical substances with water and making cellulose triacetate. As a result of the heating process, moisture is removed from cellulose acetate which forms plastic pellets. To form these thin plastic sheets, a wide conveyor belt spreads the pellet over a broad space.
In the next step, thin plastic layers are formed from the plastic pellets. In order to form the upper layer of tape, usually three to five layers of plastic are mixed together.
Making of adhesive
A synthetic polymer chemical is used to form the adhesives for making cello tape. The upper layer of the tape is then mixed with glue, which is then rolled and wrapped into rolls. The adhesive is derived from crude oil distillate. Polymer compounds are mixed with hydrocarbon solvents to produce an emulsion that is applied to the back of tape or film.
Combining of cellulose acetate film and adhesive
It begins with a substance applied to the non-adhesive side of the tape to make it easier to unroll.
Next, primer is applied to the other side so that it sticks to the adhesive. The process involves the use of a roller that rotates continuously. Once the tape has been applied, it is heated over the hot cans. It is then wound onto the jumbo rolls after the tape has dried. Later, Tape and plastic dispenser rolls are later cut to the appropriate size using cutting machines.
The film containing adhesive is loaded into machines where the adhesive is applied to it. Thereafter, the film is heated with a heating substance and then cut into appropriate strips.
Cello Tape Project Report/Economics of Cello Tape Manufacturing Business in India
In case if you miss this: Herbal Oil Manufacturing Project Report.
Fixed capital investment:
Land: 5000 sq. ft. Rs.1,20,000
Shed: 2000 sq. ft. @ 200 Rs.4,00,000
Machinery and equipment: Rs. 4,35,000
Pre-operative expenditure: Rs. 9,400
Preparation of profile 200.
Total fixed capital investment
5,20,000 + 4,35,000 + 9400 = Rs.9,64,000/-
A. Raw material per month (to prepare 1.7 MT of tape): Rs. 92,620
B. Staff and labour payment (P.M.): Rs. 16,100
C. Utility: Rs. 1860/-
D. Other expenditure: Rs. 8000
Working capital per month:
A + B + C + D = 92,620 + 16,100 + 1,860 + 8000 = Rs.1,18,580/-.
Total capital investment:
Fixed capital Rs. 9,64,000
Working capital (3 months) Rs. 3,55,740: Rs. 13,20,140
Cost of production (Per annum):
Dep. On shed @ 10%: Rs. 40,000
Dep. On shed @ 20%: Rs. 4,000
Dep. On machinery @ 10%: Rs. 35,000
Interest on capital invt. @ 16%: Rs. 2,11,223
Recurring expr.: Rs. 14,22,960
Total: Rs. 17,13,183
Turnover (per annum):
Adhesive tapes 20.4 MT @ Rs.108/-per kg
Profit per annum:
= Rs.22,03,200 – Rs.17,13,183 = Rs.4,90,017/-
Net profit ratio:
= Profit x 100 = 22%
Rate of return:
= Profit / investment x 100 = 37%.
Break even analysis:
Cost of Production (Per annum):
Dep. On machinery @ 10%: Rs. 40,000
Dep. On furniture @ 20%: Rs. 4,000
Interest on investment @ 16%: Rs. 2,11,223
40% of salary: Rs. 77,280
40% other exp. Except tax: Rs. 36,000
Taxes and levies: Rs. 6,000
Total: Rs. 3,74,503
Break even point:
Fixed cost x 100/FC + profit = 3,74,503/8,64,520 = 43%.
How to market your Cello Tape product
How About this: Aloe Vera Juice Making Project Report.
Starting your own business is a great start, but you also need to promote it. Your business can be promoted by hiring a person who will use various mediums for promoting your products/business. In the event you do not have the budget for an ad agency or an advertisement campaign, you can self-promote your business. Directly contacting people who are involved in your business field is a great way to introduce them to your product.
Safety measures to follow while manufacturing the Cello Tape
Use the chemicals carefully:
Making cello tape involves the use of many chemicals. It is therefore important to ensure the safety of your employees while your company is manufacturing and that they are using chemicals correctly.
Keep out from the reach of fire: Inflammable chemicals should be kept away from fire, as they can cause serious injury if they come in contact with fire.
Make a check on cello tape-making machines: Considering that the machines used in the process are expensive, it is important for only those who know how to use and operate them to handle them.
Timely service of machinery: If you want to keep your machine in good working condition, make sure it’s serviced on a regular basis, and you have to pay to have it serviced.
Adhesive tape packaging:
After the tape has been manufactured, it needs to be labeled and packaged. In order to pack tapes, you need a carton. Hence, you should hire cardboard box makers to get the boxes customized to your needs. Make sure to mention your company’s name under the tape.
Selection of employees:
Recruit employees who have experience in this field or who have knowledge about this industry. In addition to saving you time and effort, this will also improve the efficiency of your operations.
Conclusion of Cello Tape Manufactruring Busienss
A cello tape business at a small scale can be highly profitable and requires a low initial investment. With the increased demand for cello tape in the market, there is a scope for growth. Irrespective of living in a city or town, cello tape is used in every sector. Thorough research and analysis must be conducted before you start any business. Using raw materials and machinery you can get started with the adhesive tape business.
The capital required for a large-scale business should be considered before you start the business since the investment is what makes the business. Organizing an in-depth study of raw materials, manufacturing process, and target market before starting a business is essential to ensure the production of high-quality cello tape. Along with that a proper planning of the target customers, product demand, costing, and profit analysis is of great importance.
- Peanut Butter Making Business Plan: Equipment, Cost, and Profit
- Tyre Fitment Centre Business: Plan, License, Cost to Start, and Profits
- How to Start Gold Import-Export Business in India: A Step-by-Step Profitable Guide for Beginners
- 10 Best Artificial Jewellery Manufacturers in India
- 12 Best Paper Cup Manufacturers in India
- 10 Garden Tools Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Fertilizer-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 9 Profitable Repair-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- 13 Profitable Handmade Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Meat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 13 Profitable Pets Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Services
- 13 Profitable Medical Equipment Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Beauty-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing and Services
- 10 Profitable Citrus-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Leather Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Garlic Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Ginger Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Organic Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Health and Wellness Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Turmeric Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses