How to Start Edible Cold Pressed Oil Production Business
Introduction to Edible Cold Pressed Oil Production in India
Hello friends, today we are here with a new topic of Edible Cold Pressed Oil Production in India. Cold-pressed oil is an oil that has been prepared using a low heat technique. The introduction of heat to the method of making oil will affect the flavor, nutritional worth, and color of the oil. Heat, however, upsurges the yield. For this reason, cold-pressed oil tends to be more expensive, though it is also of higher quality.
The term “cold-pressed oil” is subject to diverse guidelines, depending on the part of the world in which it is prepared. In the European Union, for instance, oil which is referred to as cold-pressed must be formed in an environment which never increases a certain temperature. The temperature differs, dependent on the oil, but is usually about 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celsius). In the US oil labeling is not controlled, so “cold-pressed oil” may not be cold-pressed oil at all. Consumers sometimes smell, taste, and see the oil to identify it is truly cold-pressed or not.
A step-by-step guide to Edible Cold Pressed Oil Production business in India
List of edible oils
Here is list of edible oils which gives health benefits when it is extracted through cold pressed methods
- Mustard oil
- Sunflower oil
- Olive oil
- Rice bran oil
- Flaxseed oil
- Groundnut oil
- Palm oil
- Sesame oil
- Edible almond oil
- Canola oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- Grapeseed oil etc.
License, permission, and registration for Edible cold-pressed oil production in India
Is Edible oil production unit, you must obtain various license and registration approvals from different government authorities.
• Company registration with ROC
• Trade license
• SSI registration
• Factory license
• Food operator license
• BIS certification
• ‘No Objection’ from the pollution control board
• AGMARK certification
• Fire license
The Food Standards and Safety Rules, 2011, and rules made under IS 544: 1968 permit additions of antioxidants in Edible oil for a higher shelf life of the oil. However, under the scheme of labeling of environment-friendly products, the occurrence of antioxidants in a prescribed limit is a requirement as per notification of the Ministry of Environment and Forests. These are the common license and certification necessities. Verify the same with your local DIC authority about any other necessary formalities.
Finance for Edible Cold Pressed Oil Production unit in India
For any manufacturing industry, two aspects are common- Fixed and working capital and in this scenario of Edible oil production business as well. A refinance scheme provision is there with NABARD. For fixed capital, you should submit a term loan or any mortgage loan. For working capital needs, you may avail of cash credit or the overdraft facility with your nearest bank or any financial establishment.
Edible Cold Pressed Oil Production unit setup and machinery
Choosing the appropriate location for factory operation is a very vital factor. The main necessities are water and power provision. The proper availability of transport set up and labor is important. Prepare a floor plan elaborating specific space allocation for raw material stock, production unit area, finished product storing facility, administrative place, the storeroom for oil cakes, and area for miscellaneous purposes.
Generally, you will just need 0.50 acres of non-agricultural land for starting an improved Edible oil expelling unit. Here, you can arrange a plant with a processing capacity of 240 MT /annum.
The machinery required as follows:
The Edible oil press is a new type of Screw Oil Press Machine that utilizes the pressing rings or pressing bars to obtain the oil out from Edible oil seeds. Compared to various Edible oil presses in the market, screw Edible oil pressers can obtain Edible materials constantly, which can advance the total oil yield. Besides, the oil extracted by our Edible oil machine is of a high standard, with bright color, and is with nice odor. Our Edible oil press machine is stable with high capacity, and the performance is also very nice. Mainly, it is less costly when compared to the type of oil production machinery but will yield the same Edible oil production output.
Edible oil cold press machine – Hydraulic oil press
Hydraulic oil press extracts oil from oilseeds by the hydraulic principle. The whole oil extraction process is performed easily. If you relate the screw oil press machine with that of the hydraulic Edible oil press machine is expensive. The hydraulic oil press is also famous as the Edible oil cold press machine.
Steps involved in Edible Cold Pressed Oil Production
in case if you miss this: How To Start Frozen Food Business In India.
Below are a few of the basic aspects that are present in the extraction of Edible oil through the cold-press process. The extraction process of Edible oil can be seen in the following section.
The prepared Edible oil seeds are kept on magnets to eliminate dirt and undesirable left-over metal before de-hulled and sent through the specific cleaning machine to remove other foreign matters.
Edible seeds comprise about 20%-30% hulls from the oil-type. Those hulls are sometimes separated before oil extraction to ensure the quality of both oil and Edible meal is sustained. When the seed contains moisture of 5% after cleaning, then de-hulling is processed. The basic step here includes cracking the seeds using the mechanical pressure of a centrifugal or pneumatic sheller that is also carried out by abrasion. Then the resulting content is winnowed to detach the hulls from the kernels.
The prepared Edible oil seeds are located over magnets to remove the dirt and trace metal before de-hulled. To have a larger surface area for the stage of pressing, the de-hulled seeds are grounded into a coarse meal that has consistency by mechanized grooved rollers or hammer mills. Then the meal is heated to fasten up the oil extraction step.
During the oil pressing, some waste and impurities are also released with the oil, and they should be eliminated before the oil is packaged to ensure it is edible. The heated metal is then fed gradually into a screw press, which raises the pressure continued as the meal is sent through a slotted barrel. Pressure slowly rises from 68,950 to 206,850 kilopascals as the oil is screwed out from the slots in the barrel, and is then gathered.
Extracting additional oil with solvents
After the initial oil is collected back from the screw press, the oil cake present in the press can be refined through solvent extraction to have extra yield. A volatile hydrocarbon (common as hexane) dissolves the oil out of the oil cake, and then the oil is collected by distilling the solvent out, and then the solvent is sent from the matter to be collected at the lower end.
Removing solvent traces
90% of the solvent in the extracted oil gets evaporated and it is gathered for reuse. The leftover solvent is gathered through the stripping column. The oil is heated by steam, and the lighter solvent hovers at the top when it condenses, and later it is collected.
Refining the Edible oil
Refining of oil is performed for the removal of color, odor, and bitterness. In the first step, the oil is heated from 40°C and 85°C temperatures. Then soap is generated from the unwanted fatty acids and the alkaline additive, and usually, it is separated by centrifugation. The oils are degummed by gentle treatment with hot water having 85°C and 95°C temperature or by using acidified water. This precipitates the main section of the gums which are majorly the phosphatides. Then centrifugation is performed to removes the dregs.
Investment required to start Edible Cold Pressed Oil Production unit
The cost of beginning an Edible seed oil factory is mainly associated with aspects such as oil mill capacity, factory layout, equipment selection, process design, automation degree of the production line. A major segment of the start-up capital is used for leasing or procuring a facility as well as for purchasing oilseed oil extracting and processing machinery. It is also estimated to use the investment for buying and servicing of distribution trucks, staff salary, and expenses related to utility bills.
You can extract the oil from seeds with the use of below equipment and cost to start:
• The automatic cold-pressed oil machine will be about 1.5 lakh to 2.5 lakhs
• Screw expeller will cost about Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 50,000
• Cooker and filter press are available at Rs. 60,000 to Rs. 80,000
• Storage tank for oil will sum up to Rs. 50,000
• If you want a sealing machine in the packaging of the oil packets it can be obtained at Rs. 3 lakh
• Employee’s salary and bills will sum up to Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 1.5 lakh
• Empty tins and bottles are procured at Rs. 10,000
• The charges for taxes, license, and registration process will be around Rs. 1lakh
• Marketing expenses will be about Rs. 50,000
• Any other miscellaneous expenses will be dealt with in Rs. 30,000
If your oil plant is not set up in your land then the start-up investment will also be included for rental charges that too as per the size of the plant. So, the total investment for starting a cold-pressed edible oil plant is about Rs. 5 lakhs to Rs. 7 lakhs based on the size of the plant.
Profit in Edible Cold Pressed Oil Production business in India
You can obtain good profits in the cold-pressed edible oil making business. You can have about 35 to 40% of profits in the cold-pressed oil making business. If you take 1 kg of edible oil seeds you will obtain 450 ml of oil. The seed-cake obtained after getting the oil is also having demand in the market because of its nutrients. So, the seed-cake is mainly used as a fodder. The oil is collected in a storage tank and next is examined, if it’s found pure then and is approved in all the conditions, then the oil is forwarded to the packing stage for packing and distribution. When the oilseeds are processed the waste which gets accumulated is known as pressed cakes. Oil cakes mainly have little oil in them thus can be used as animal feed by processing through distillation.
Marketing strategies for promoting your edible cold-pressed oil
You could try selling your cold-pressed edible oil in local markets or you may sell online. You can also register in some of the popular B2B websites and B2C websites and use online markets to advertise cold-pressed oil products. You can also sell your products in small stores, supermarkets, in shopping malls, etc. Promotion about your product through social media is very necessary to have a huge number of clients in this way you can grow and promote your business. There are very limited cold-pressed edible oil manufacturers in India, but the great requirement for it will be encouraging the new product is also high as the product is having several properties. So, you must not worry about the market. One can sell his product as cold-pressed edible oil wholesale price in India.
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- 13 Profitable Handmade Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Meat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 13 Profitable Pets Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Services
- 13 Profitable Medical Equipment Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Beauty-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing and Services
- 10 Profitable Citrus-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Leather Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Garlic Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses