Feed Mill Project Report, Business Plan
Hello friends, we are here today with a new topic of “Livestock Feed Mill Project Report and Business Plan in India“. Livestock production and agriculture are an integrated segment, as they are dependent on each other f and considered vital for overall food security. The estimated analysis and reports from the Central Statistics Office (CSO) report that the gross value added from the livestock segment at current charges was almost INR 4 trillion in 2013-14 that accounts for 21.58% of the gross value added from total agriculture, forestry and fishing segment at present costs and 22.75% at constant prices during 2011 -12. The livestock segment is providing about 3.88% of total gross value added of the country at present prices and about 3.92% at constant prices during years 2011-12.
The livestock sector is an essential sub-sector associated with Indian agriculture and the economy. It has been developed as a vital activity for most of the farmers, which supports farmers not only supplements incomes but is even helpful to increase the health condition of farmers, and even provides employment opportunities. Concerning the NSSO 66th Round Survey released from July 2009 to June 2010), around 20.5 million total farmers were involved as per usual status. Farmers of marginal, small, and semi-medium operational holdings (area lower than 4 ha) own about 87.7% of the livestock. Therefore, the development of the livestock segment will enhance the farmer’s standard of living.
India has a vast reserve of livestock and poultry, which contribute largely towards improving the socio-economic situation of rural people. There are almost 300.00 million bovines, 135.2 million goats, 65.07 million sheep, and almost10.3 a million pigs according to the 19th Livestock Census conducted in India.
A step-by-step guide to Livestock Feed Mill Project Report and Business Plan in India
Importance of Feed and Fodder industry
Feed and Fodder are the key aspects in the food industry globally when it comes to the economic production of animal proteins. Feed is the largest and significant aspect to ensure safe, ample, and reasonable animal proteins across the globe.
The UN Food and Agricultural Organisation (FAO) predicts that the world will have to generate 60% more food up to 2050 and that animal protein generation will rise even more – meats will increase, as well as dairy, and fish production will get doubled by 2050.
Growth of feed and fodder industry in India
Market size: Concerning the report from the Indian Feed Industry about Revitalising Nutritional Security Knowledge that was published Yes Bank in 2015, India’s animal feed industry, which comprises aqua and meat, and poultry are predicted to multiply and attain US$30 billion in the coming years from the current US$15 billion to cater the increasing feed and fodder demand of the country.
Current consumption: According to the survey, in India, cattle currently consume 7.5 million tonnes of the feed, aqua industry around 1 MT, while the poultry industry intake is about 13 MT, with soy meal and corn as the main consumables.
Market potential of Feed and Fodder products
India has observed a 10% growth in feed manufacturing to 29.4 million tons over 2013 tonnage, particularly because of the optimal weather conditions and improved farming techniques and methods.
However, the current feed demand in the nation is high and is about 80 MT for a year. The need for animal protein and dairy goods is projected to upsurge the compound feed intake to around 28 million tonnes in the coming years.
Designing a perfect business plan for starting a Feed Mill in India
Another very essential step before launching your poultry feed mill will be to have a proper business project. There is a clear analysis by experts that when you do not develop a perfect business plan before any business, there is a great possibility that you will encounter many problems and will suffer to expand the business.
Reports also suggest that an entrepreneur who has been successful while developing a proper business plan has over 50 % possibilities to sustain and expand his/her business. Thus, it is necessary to prepare your project plan for your cattle feed mill business plan.
List of approvals required to start Feed Mill Business
- For permissions, the project report is sent to corresponding DICs (District Industries Centres). DIC will further take the step to send the proposal to Industries Commissioner. Now the Commission will submit the report to SLAC (State Level Approver Committee) which is held responsible for final approval.
- Moreover, the proposed unit should get registered itself with the SIA popular as the Secretariat of Industrial Approvals, the Ministry of Industries and Government of India, by submitting Industrial Entrepreneur’s Memorandum (IEM), as will establish the unit and machinery investment for about INR 10 million.
- Since it will be associated with food processing while you plan for export, the cattle feed needs to be approved by food organizations of exporting countries, along with the usual registration with Indian and state food authorities.
- BIS has formulated the quality norms for quality and it is mandatory to abide by the regulations under the PFA act for its ingredients and quality segment for promoting the product in the Indian market.
Area required for establishing a Feed Mill in India
You must acquire a proper location for this type of business to start your operations. It is suggested to reach a real estate broker or any local person to identify the right location to start your poultry feed mill. You must have a spacious location that can accommodate the necessary machines and equipment apart from the area for storing both raw materials and finished products.
Equipment and Machinery required for establishing a Feed Mill Unit
Once you have made the decision and arranged to find an appropriate and expansive location for your poultry feed mill, then you have to purchase and install the necessary equipment or the machines for the feed mills. One of the aspects which will endorse you in the present market place the way you plan your packaging and branding. Hence, make sure you concentrate while performing the feed packaging. The composition of your poultry feed has to be properly stated in the packets with a clear label.
List of machinery required for Feed Mill business
- Intake and grinding section
- Bagging and services
- Steel structures
- Mixing section
- Erecting and commissioning
- Hopper speed control and hopper & other equipment
- Weighing machine
- Pellet Mill
- Lab equipment
- Office furniture and computers
Raw materials required to start Feed Mill Unit
In case if you miss this: Vermicompost Project Report.
- Maize, Jowar in the form of deoiled cakes like cottonseed, corn gluten, sunflower, etc.
- Rice Polish, Rice in the form of deoiled cakes like corn gluten, cottonseed, sunflower, etc.)
- DEO Rice Polish, DEO Groundnut cake, DEO Soyabean meal in the form of deoiled cakes such as rice bran
- Limestone powder
- Sunflower meal/extract
- Dicalcium Phosphate Mineral (lime, bone ash, etc.)
- Shell Grit/Marble, Salt Pure
- Vitamin & Probiotics
- Poultry Mineral Mixture
- L.Lysine, D.L. Methionine
You may also check this: How To Start A Vegetable Oil Production In India.
Feed Mill Project Report/Economics of Feed Mill Business Unit
Building Shed 1500 Sq.ft: Rs. 3,00,000
Equipment: Rs. 4,00,000
(Feed Grinder-15H.P., Conveyer 2H.P., Batch Prin, Ribbon blender 1, tone capacity, Feed Mixer 7.5 H.P., Sealing Machine)
Total Capital Expenditure: Rs. 7,00,000.
Feed Mill Project Report – Working Capital: Rs. 3,00,000
Total project cost: Rs. 10,00,000
Estimated Annual Production: Rs. 11,72,000
Raw Material: Rs. 2,50,000
Lables and Packing Material: Rs. 50,000
Wages (Skilled & Unskilled): Rs. 75,000
Salaries: Rs. 1,10,000
Administrative Expenses: Rs. 1,50,000
Overheads: Rs. 3,50,000
Miscellaneous Expenses: Rs. 50,000
Depreciation: Rs. 55,000
Insurance : Rs. 7,000
Interest (As per the PLR)
a. C.E.Loan: Rs. 91,000
b. W.C.Loan: Rs. 39,000
Total Interest Rs. 1,30,000.
Feed Mill Project Report – Working Capital Requirement
Fixed Cost: Rs. 4,08,000
Variable Cost: Rs. 7,64,000
Requirement of WC per Cycle: Rs. 2,93,000
Feed Mill Project Report – Profit in Feed Mill Business in India
Profitability = Sales – Cost of Production = Rs. 14,00,000 – Rs. 11,72,000 = 2,28,000.
- Peanut Butter Making Business Plan: Equipment, Cost, and Profit
- Tyre Fitment Centre Business: Plan, License, Cost to Start, and Profits
- How to Start Gold Import-Export Business in India: A Step-by-Step Profitable Guide for Beginners
- 10 Best Artificial Jewellery Manufacturers in India
- 12 Best Paper Cup Manufacturers in India
- 10 Garden Tools Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Fertilizer-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 9 Profitable Repair-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- 13 Profitable Handmade Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Meat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 13 Profitable Pets Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Services