Introduction to how to make money from GoDaddy
GoDaddy is one of the biggest internet companies in the world. GoDaddy provides several services and products which help you earn extra income online. You can access several commission-based programs like an affiliate and ad parking program. These two programs will help you to generate revenue by combining it into your current website right away. You can open an online store to sell your products and also you can resell GoDaddy products with their reseller program under your own brand.
Ideas on how to make money from Godaddy
GoDaddy focuses on three business segments:
Domain name services: Primary domain registration, domain name privacy, aftermarket domain name transaction.
Web hosting: Shared, VPS, and dedicated server hosting
Web presence: It involves web security products, website builder, and online store builder
Business applications: Email hosting, email marketing, and other relevant business tools
More details on web hosting of GoDaddy
There are 3 basic types of hosting.
- Web hosting (shared): For example, think this as an apartment complex, it is one big building (a server) where hundreds of residents (websites) live. You have all the resources you need but you will pay less as you are sharing with multiple residents.
This Shared hosting plans can come either with Windows OS or Linux OS at GoDaddy. Shared hosting plans will cost $2.99/month for both types if you want it for 3 years.
Shared hosting plans include unmetered bandwidth, database backup & restore, cPanel, a free domain name with annual plans, 1-click resource upgrades, 1-click installs, 24/7 security monitoring, and some plans feature unlimited domain hosting with unlimited disk space.
- Virtual private server (VPS): If shared web hosting is like an apartment complex, VPS is more like a townhome. There you will enjoy upgraded resources and you will be sharing them with much fewer people. This gives you more power, flexibility, and control but it also costs a little more.
VPS plans with Windows start at $17.99/month, while Linux-based VPS plans start at $27.99/month. All plans include full root access, unmetered bandwidth, free dedicated IPs, free 1-year SSL certificate, file and DB backups, provision-free upgrades, and three levels of management: self-managed, managed, and fully managed.
- Dedicated server: This is exactly what it sounds like – a single-tenant virtual machine that’s dedicated to you and you alone which makes it the ultra-modern single-family home in our analogy. But, it’s the most costly option. But only high-traffic, resource-intensive websites really need it.
Dedicated servers with Windows start at $99.99/month, while Linux dedicated packages start at $69.99/month. Here too, there are three levels of server management you can opt for such as self-managed, fully-managed, and managed servers. Unmetered bandwidth, free 1-year SSL certificate, and free dedicated IPs are offered with these plans as well.
How to make money with GoDaddy?
In case if you miss this: How to Make Money from Tea Stall Business.
From GoDaddy, you can earn money in three ways such as buy/sell domains, become an affiliate or you can create websites that produce revenue.
Buy/sell domain names:
If you have a creative mind and can make an educated guess about things that will become popular in the future, buying and selling domains can be a good way to make money from home online.
To start this investing business, you just require:
- A computer
- Internet connection
- Money in your bank account to start your business
You can buy domain names from GoDaddy and sell them at a profit on GoDaddy auctions. There is a learning curve to domain investing.
The fastest ways to sell your domain name:
- Determine the value of your domain
- Decide how you’d like to sell
- Make sure your contact information is public
- Prepare your domain listing
- Use an escrow service to receive payment
Transfer the domain
To become an affiliate:
You can join with their affiliate program to make money with GoDaddy, there is no fee for joining the service. You can get the commission up to 40% from the customers you refer to who purchase Godaddy products and services depending on the product. To promote on their website, a custom URL will be given to the GoDaddy affiliate members.
There are two types of websites such as commercial or personal.
Generally, you can catch the commercial sites in some type of commerce. Say, for example, you made the coolest website anyone has ever seen. In fact, you decide to create more and want to test your luck making money online. Simply selling that website makes your site a commercial site. If you are okay with that and decided to accept the payment on your website directly then with no doubt you have set up an e-commerce site.
Almost for all e-commerce websites, these four items should be needed:
- Email: Once you are done with choosing your domain name, set up an email account for your website. This is not only because of making your company look legal but it also helps your company stand out.
- Shopping cart: There are many options available to you when you decide to create an online shopping cart. You need to select the type of cart and that depends on your need.
- Merchant account: Merchant accounts will let you accept the gift cards as well as all the major credit and debit cards for your product. And then you need to go with things like the details of the merchant provider and about the plan. Some of them allow your customers to purchase the products on your website itself. And others, to purchase require your customers to click a link and use its website.
- SSL certificate: The first thing most savvy customers look for when they make a purchase online is an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate. SSL-enabled sites will do all the server-client transactions in a secure manner. Information provided by the customer while filling forms or purchasing products will be encrypted so that hackers will not get access.
Personal websites will keep your information private. Let’s say you are currently in school to become a web designer. As such, you have a website where you can post your resume and some of your work.
You may also check this: How to Make Money from Potato Chips Making.
The 4 most common options that can help you to build your online presence and make money on personalized websites are:
- Ad Parking
- Affiliate Programs
- Selling Contextual Ads
- Selling Display Ads
Some other ways to make money from GoDaddy
If you decided to sell GoDaddy services under your own brand, then GoDaddy offers an API like reseller hosting service that can help you to produce revenue. You can buy domains from wholesalers at trade prices to sell directly to your customers, by paying an annual fee to GoDaddy. And how much you need to charge from customers to your products is completely up to you.
Build an Online Store
Opening an online store and selling your own products and services is one more way to make money with GoDaddy. You will have 24/7 access to technical support and not require any programming. And you can accept credit cards directly on your website. You can use the service of GoDaddy by paying a monthly fee directly to it. As discussed in the reseller program you only will set the prices for the products you sell.
GoDaddy has the following features
- If you want to host a website, that people can view it anywhere in the world, GoDaddy provides you with cheap hosting charges, once I bought a hosting plan I even got a free domain to it.
2. They provide you with domains at the cheapest rate possible.
3. GoDaddy even provides you with a site lock, which you would require if you don’t want hackers to invade your privacy.
4. They even get you a GoDaddy website builder, if you are willing to pay for it.
Domain broker is one more interesting service of GoDaddy. This is sort of a middleman position, in which if you want to buy a domain name that’s already taken, GoDaddy will help you negotiate a purchase with the current domain holder.
The domain you have always wanted can still be yours even if it’s taken.
Domain buys service, domain broker will negotiate with the current owner to get the name for you.
- We protect your privacy. You will say anonymous throughout the process. The domain owner won’t know your identity.
- Better network. In finding out who owns a domain and how to reach them, no one beats GoDaddy. It is a world leader in that.
- Our name gets attention. Domain names are more likely to engage with a request from GoDaddy MY than from individual buyers.
How much will it cost in GoDaddy to design a website?
Prices will vary depending upon the size of your site and the functionality you need and the features of the site. But, generally $200 to $1000 will cost for a simple website. If you hire an expert, be sure about what you are buying and why are you buying. You need to spend some time shopping around.
Pros of GoDaddy
- The prices are very affordable
- GoDaddy integrates products well
- There is a one-click WordPress installation available
- GoDaddy does security well
- Many payment options are supported on GoDaddy
- Several bonuses available for signing up
- With one click, you will avail of other hosting options
- Largest Domain Name Registrar
- GoDaddy hosting is the latest technology
- Wide Variety of Services Available
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Host Unlimited Websites (except Economy plan)
- Frequent Special Offer Discounts
Cons of GoDaddy
- Quality and courtesy of customer support can be inconsistent
- GoDaddy uses a custom hosting panel
- No Detailed Hardware Specs Available
- There can be uptime issues
- The response might slow If you have a problem the
- There are restoration fees
- There is no live chat support
- The economy plan will not support unlimited websites
- Live chat support not available 24/7
The conclusion to make money from GoDaddy
With an industry presence of twenty years, GoDaddy is one of the most appreciable and recognizable names in web hosting and domain registration, and it has gotten down to the science of offering web hosting services that respond to the needs and budgets of individuals and businesses looking for web hosting.
Like any traditional business, you will have to put your complete efforts, heart, and soul into whatever you do online. Only then, you can have success in your journey.
In case if you are interested in this: How To Grow Strawberries in Greenhouse.
- Peanut Butter Making Business Plan: Equipment, Cost, and Profit
- Tyre Fitment Centre Business: Plan, License, Cost to Start, and Profits
- How to Start Gold Import-Export Business in India: A Step-by-Step Profitable Guide for Beginners
- 10 Best Artificial Jewellery Manufacturers in India
- 12 Best Paper Cup Manufacturers in India
- 10 Garden Tools Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Fertilizer-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 9 Profitable Repair-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses