How to make money from Moringa powder production
The drumstick tree which is called Moringa Oleifera has been used for centuries due to its various health benefits and medicinal properties. The drumstick tree is also called by different names like the miracle tree, the horseradish tree, the ben oil tree, etc. The drumstick is a superfood vegetable that is commonly used by south Indian meals. Drumsticks consist of high nutrients due to this the leaves of the moringa tree are converted into powder. Every part of the moringa tree such as leaves, fruits, seeds, oil is used by our ancestors. That is the reason why the drumstick tree is well known as a miracle tree.
Ideas to start and make money from the production of Moringa powder
Create a business plan for the production of Moringa powder to make great money
A well-thought-out business plan can be one of the best time management tools for a business. Business plans can be expended as far as time and cash yet a first-rate strategy will spare the task time and cash. The business plan should recognize creation costs, just as working costs, including gear, premises, work, sources of info and financing, utilities, and money related projections. The business plan ought to be a living document that changes and develops with the undertaking. The big picture information and the unique aspects of the project, as well as the strategies to overcome business and product marketing challenges, are the points to be covered in the business plan. The business plan is often underrated but should be the key management tool for the project. The business plan serves as one of the excellent tools for attracting potential investors for lending loans. Alongside one can enquire in nearby medical stores, grocery stores to know the demand for the product. Thus the investigation helps in running the business successfully.
Step by step process of making moringa powder
In case if you miss this: How to Make Money from an Orange Oil Manufacturing.
- The fresh leaves are taken from the moringa plant.
- The leaves are properly washed in water to remove dirt and any other particles in a container.
- The leaves are then drained, remover all the water before making them dried.
- Then the leaves are dried in a suitable process. There are three well-known procedures to dry the leaves. Room drying, mechanical drying, and solar drying are the known three procedures.
- The dried leaves are crushed into powder using a grinding machine or hammer mill which is used in a routine.
- The resultant moringa powder is done with sieving and then the powder is dried. Since the powder attracts moisture it is thoroughly dried to prevent moisture.
- The powder is then stored at a proper place which prevents bacteria.
- The powder is packed with personal hygiene. The persons involved in packing should maintain personal hygiene and cleanliness. No compromise under the quality of the product.
- The powder is packed in polythene bags and sealed or it can be packed in airtight containers. Even the moringa powder is filled in capsules but it is not recommended because the dosage is very less when compared to normal powder packing.
Legal formalities for Moringa powder making business
The moringa powder mill is begun subsequent to picking the kind of business association. There are various sorts of business associations to be specific Sole ownership, one Person Company, Partnership Firm, Limited Liability Corporation (LLP), and Company. The small scale business can be started by picking Sole proprietorship as it requires less amount of capital. The registration of the business is not required in a sole ownership type of business but the trade license is necessary. The business can be expanded depending on the capital necessities. Assets can be brought up in a Company type of association. However, the business must be enlisted and in addition, immense filings must be finished.
The incorporation of the organization is finished by Register of Companies ROC. The application along with vital declarations, reports, and structures must be sent to ROC. The ROC will check all the records and register the Company. The registration of the Company is mandatory as it prevents from the liabilities and obligations. The registration of the organization ought to be done according to the provisions of Companies Act and Rules, 2013. Alongside enlisting the organization, the important licenses ought to likewise be acquired. For any business, it is compulsory to get a permit to operate from the neighborhood specialists. The extra licenses likewise required if the powder is produced for various streams. On the off chance that moringa oil is made for related organizations, at that point license from Food Safety and Standard Authority of India FSSAI is required. In the event that the oil is produced for beauty care products and medications, at that point license is required according to Cosmetics, Drugs Act, and Rules.
Marketing strategies for Moringa powder
The powder which is obtained from moringa leaves is already established in the market. So one must make sure to create a brand for the product and make sure to advertise the product. There are various platforms listed in which the brand can be promoted to increase sales revenue.
- First and foremost, you should look for moringa powder buyers before starting a business.
- Promote the brand in social media like Whatsapp, Instagram, Face book, Twitter, etc.
- Advertise in the local newspapers, televisions, radio to spread the brand widely.
- The mouth talk of the clients bears a wide range of customers from neighboring areas. The quality and quantity of the product matter a lot to attract customers.
- The pricing strategy plays a key role in marketing. As we know there are different brands available in the market, the price trend can make people to get attracted to the product.
- To promote the brand do sponsor events and seminars.
- The roadshows at community areas and neighboring areas help to reach a wide range of consumers.
You should not miss this: How to Make Money from Organic Compost.
The cost to start a manufacturing moringa powder business in India
The standard powder manufacturing business is surely a capital investing business. The start-up capital is required and spent the majority on equipment, premises, licenses, etc. The key areas where the startup capital is invested are listed with approximate prices. below:
- Premises ( rented ) – Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 1,50,000
- Registration and taxes- Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 1,50,000
- Insurance – Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 40,000
- Plant and equipment( moringa powder grinding machine) – Rs. 3,00,000 to Rs. 3,50,000
- Operational costs such as staff salary, payment of bills, etc – Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000
- Start-up inventory such as raw material, bottles, etc – Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 2,50,000
- Marketing and promotion expenses- Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000
Any miscellaneous expenses- Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 60,000.
Uses of moringa powder
- Moringa is green and looks similar to spinach or green tea. The interesting fact is that the moringa leaves contain three times iron than spinach.
- The moringa powder is used widely in food while preparing curries, dal, etc.
- It is more often used by the people in tea which helps in decreasing weight.
- The powder can be taken to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- The moringa powder is rich in vitamins A and E which is widely used for skin benefits.
- It is considered as an immunity booster.
- Moringa powder is mainly used traditionally for joint pains; people use this moringa powder in daily routine.
- Simply sprinkling the moringa powder in salads, veggies can help in muscle growth.
- The tea of moringa powder is a special benefit that is used for anti-stress.
- To improve vision this powder is used with foods.
- This powder is good for diabetic patients to reduce the amount of glucose in the blood.
- The leaves of the moringa tree can treat cancer and good for liver health.
Nutritional values of Moringa powder
The moringa powder consists of 25% plant protein including all 9 essential amino acids, 25% fiber, iron, vitamin K & E, vitamin A & calcium, high in antioxidants.
How to use moringa powder?
- The powder can be sprinkled on stir-fries.
- Added to tea of hot water. Because it won’t dissolve in cold water.
- It can be added to smoothies, raita, soups, etc.
How much quantity of moringa powder can be consumed?
- The recommended dose of moringa powder is to start with 1/2 tsp per person and can be increased to 1 tsp daily.
- If one is on medication for blood pressure or Diabetes then better to take doctor’s advice before taking Moringa Powder regularly.
- Taking too much moringa leaves powder may lead to flatulence, upset stomach, so it can be started slowly and then increase gradually.
The cost of moringa powder
There are many brands available in the local market and online too. People tend to buy from online sites due to various brands and offers. The cost of 1-kilogram moringa powder is approximately Rs. 300 to Rs. 350.
The conclusion of moringa powder production to make good money
The moringa powder is considered one of the highly consumed and demanded products. One must ensure that the quality remains to be good. It is highly profitable to start manufacturing moringa powder and earn huge profits. To increase profits and reduce input costs, you can start commercial Drumstick Farming (Moringa).