Introduction to Multani Mitti Making Business
With the numerous uses for this product ranging from being used to give shine to the Taj Mahal for the past 350 years to being used as a natural face packs agent to avoid oily face appearance, Multani Mitti has been a reliable product used as a remedy for all the possible problems.
Multani Mitti is also known as the fullers earth is popular as a rare type of clay whose production is a monopoly of the Barmer region of India because of its suitable climatic state and soil properties and whose market value is about ₹ 10 crore in the Indian clay industry contributed by its varying uses. This clay has been passed down as a key to various troubles associated with skin and face irregularities, as an absorbent, for cleaning purposes, etc. for decades. This clay is widely obtainable and is solely formed in the Multani region of Pakistan from where it got the name.
A step-by-step guide to Multani Mitti Making Business in India
If you desire to take an opportunity and have a business out of clay that involves no or basic manufacturing procedures, but caters to a wider market and has still in-discovery uses? Here you will find the various essentials about this business.
Market potential for Multani Mitti making business
The market for this Multani Mitti is as stimulating and useful as the product itself. It has a strong rural and descent urban demand. Multani Mitti contains the properties silica, magnesia, iron oxide, lime, and water in extreme variable quantities and is categorized as a sedimentary clay. It’s available in various colors such as olive, brown, green, whitish, yellow, blue, etc.
Multani Mitti is being used widely for years because of its properties of being absorbent, rich in minerals, and an ailment material.
The potential for a Multani Mitti business can be defined based on its applications it is into by different segments of a consumer market which are stated below:
- It is used as an oil, grease, and animal litter absorbent.
- Used as a carrier in agriculture for pesticides and fertilizers.
- Used for filtering, clarifying, and decolorizing material.
- As a filler in plastic adhesive, paints, and pharmaceutical items.
- Used as a cooling agent for refrigerators, coolers, etc. in towns.
- Use for the building of houses in villages because has cooling properties
- Used as an active and inactive element for beauty care items.
License, registrations, and permissions required to start Multani Mitti making business
The licenses needed to run a Multani Mitti business are as follows: MSME registration under Udyog Aadhar, GST registration, Trade license, and NOC by the state pollution control board.
Business Entity: The first registration for any business is to register it as a business entity by knowing about the form of the organization. It could be as a sole proprietorship or a partnership or a limited liability partnership or a one-person company. This will help in availing a few benefits to the business and must, therefore, be selected carefully before registering the business at the Registrar’s office.
Shop Act or Trade License: The Rose Water business for example in Maharashtra, India requires applying for a Shop Act License from the local municipal authority to run the business. This license helps manage the working conditions along with working hours, leaves, wages, holidays, etc. of the employees and supports the business to run smoothly.
Udyog Aadhaar Registration: The Rose Water is categorized as a small business and hence it must be registered under Udyog Aadhaar which is a registration and recognition for MSMEs- micro, small, and medium enterprises.
BIS certification: Apart from these registrations the business should get BIS certification as well as tax liabilities.
No Objection Certificate from State Pollution Control Board: The Rose Water doesn’t cause any pollution so no clearance is needed, however, it is recommended to check it with the State Pollution Control Board of the locality where the business is established.
You should not miss this: How To Start Mustard Oil Making Business.
Area required to start Multani Mitti making business
The area needed to set up a Multani Mitti business plant is approximately 100 sq. ft.
Raw materials required to start Multani Mitti making business
The raw materials needed to set up this business is
- Multani Mitti
- Packing material
The machinery required to start a Multani Mitti business is
- Multani Mitti grinder
- Filtering machine
- Packaging machine
- Manpower required
The manpower required to set up this business would be
- 1-skilled worker
- 2-unskilled worker
- Moreover, adequate training to these workers associated with the below aspects must be properly given:
- Machinery usage
- Equipment handling
- Safety and precautions
Investment required to start Multani Mitti making business
The investment needed to start Multani Mitti business could be around ₹30000
Profit in Multani Mitti making business in India
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
The profits gained by setting up this business through the selling of 300 packets @₹26.6 per packet would be ₹8000 daily.
Profit margin in Multani Mitti making business
The Multani Mitti business will show you a profit margin of about 50%-70%.
Target customers to make your business successful
The target consumers for your Multani Mitti business can be categorized based on the applications of Multani Mitti. So the target customers can be classified from the below segments:
- Pharmaceutical companies: These make use of Multani Mitti as an ingredient while preparing ointment and tablets because of their medicinal properties. It is also used while curing for poison given the case of salmonella, the clay content abilities can save the life of a person who is exposed to paraquat.
- Military and civil services: These make use of Multani Mitti for cleansing of clothes and apparatus of these men and CBRN (chemical, radiological, biological, nuclear) responders who have been adulterated with chemical agents.
- Cleaning sector: The cleaning sector needs Multani Mitti because of its dirt, dust, stain absorbent capacities for cleaning the tiles, marbles and for providing shine and spotlessness like never before.
- Skincare and beauty industry: The beauty industry such as spas and salons provide services such as facials, hair spas, etc. with the use of Multani Mitti because of its antioxidant characteristics. Multani Mitti is also sold in the form of boxes for face packs by retail cosmetics and skincare shops.
- Agricultural sector: These need Multani Mitti which act as carriers for pesticides and fertilizers.
- Handcraft sector: The Multani Mitti is used by craftsmen who are involved in pots, vases, decorative items, and showpieces making business.
Business model and growth of your business
The business model of a Multani Mitti business can be well-defined using these 4 variants
Value proposition: The value which a Multani Mitti business is likely to provide to you is:
Less investment, easily available raw materials, less production cost, and massive sales chances.
- Wider target market
- Target consumers: The target consumers for this business can be listed here:
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Cleaning industry
- Agricultural sector
- Skincare industry
- Beauty industry
- Handicrafts sector
- Incense stick makers
- As cookers and refrigerators
- Competitor review: The Multani Mitti business is not as aggressive as it has a high consumer market who use it for specific purposes so it’s easy to choose a niche and cater to the needs of that target people.
However, few key opponents are:
- Indus Valley bio-organic
- Old tree
- Divine India
- Skin elements etc
Marketing strategies to promote your business
The marketing techniques which can be applied to your Multani Mitti business are as follows:
- Advertising: By TV commercials, celebrity endorsements, ads on online cosmetics retail stores such as Nykaa, etc.
- Print media: Blogs, articles, posts verifying the manufacturing and extraction steps of Multani Mitti most organically and naturally.
- You can promote your product through social media websites. You can even try by using either B2B or B2C websites and sell the products. Give the samples of your product in the nearby restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, supermarkets, etc. It has great demand in the market because of its high nutritional values and health benefits.
Growth parameters in Multani Mitti making business
The Multani Mitti business has seen and has the ability for the following growth prospects
Multani Mitti has been an extensively used product in the beauty and skincare sector majorly.
The use of Multani Mitti and its infusion with other constituents and its supply in the form of face packs, cleanser, face masks, toners, moisturizers, scrubs, etc. has resulted from its high production and demand.
Suggestions for making your business a successful one
Here we can give you some of the possible reasons why you should take the benefits of this business opportunity.
Firstly, because of the increasing awareness of organic skincare and beauty practices, the clients are shifting from chemically infused items to natural remedies such as Multani Mitti.
Secondly, this business opportunity is possible with low capital, labor, and time advantages making sure you get the least cost of production and greater profit margin, the ideal business goal.
Conclusion of Multani Mitti Making Business in India
It is an excellent business idea for beginners and if you have a proper business plan, you can earn a good income from this business especially in India. So what are you waiting for? Good luck!
In case if you are interested: High-profit Farming with Low Investment Ideas.