Paper Bag Project Report, Making Business Plan in India
Hello friends, today we are here with a new topic called paper bag project report along with making business plan in India. Do you want to start an eco-friendly Paper Bag Making Business? This is a proper period, to begin with, the paper bag-making business because all are aware of the ban imposed on the use of plastic bags across India. The government is taking proper steps in educating common people about threats of plastics and associated materials, and in many regions of India, we see that use of paper carry bags is already there. Here in this post, we will detail business prospects in the manufacturing of paper bags in a country like India.
In this present article, you have an idea of the following aspect:
- Scope and prospect in this business
- How to begin a paper bag manufacturing plant
- What are the essential machines that are needed in the manufacturing business?
- Main raw materials required
- Detailed data and information on the paper bag manufacturing process
- Paper bag project report along with a business plan
- Estimated Profit and gain in this business
- Business advertisement and marketing ideas
Paper Bag Project Report, Making Business Plan in India
Market potential for Paper Bag Making business
In the current society, paper bags have been the fashion statement for individuals in India and abroad. The demand for eco-friendly paper bags is growing exponentially throughout the county and it will remain to rise in the coming future. After initiating the ban on the use of paper bags in Tier-1 regions of India such as Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, etc. In coming years, they are even expanding to impose a ban across India. With all these current states in the country, we hope that you can now analyze the scope and prospect of this business. Besides this, paper carry bags are less expensive and it plays a significant role in cleaning nature and it is effortlessly recyclable as compared to unsafe plastic carry bags. This is a very great chance to earn income from this business and even protect the environment simultaneously. The use of paper bag as a common packaging material is now clearly visible in the following places:
- Shopping Malls
- Stationery stores
- Grocery stores
- Fruits and vegetable stores
- Medical stores
Setting up a Paper Bag manufacturing unit
In this section, you will acquire awareness on how to start a paper bag manufacturing unit. We have included the methods of choosing a location, necessary raw materials, and machines needed for manufacturing, etc.
Area required to start Paper Bag manufacturing unit
Choosing a location is very significant in any business. You have to consider few aspects before finalizing the location as it cannot be reversed once you install the machinery. These are the major aspects to be considered while choosing a location.
- It should be near from the market so that you can easily sell products
- Space for unloading (raw materials) and loading (packed materials) into the trucks
Presence of workers in that locality. If labor cost is low then it is a great advantage for you
- Power supply
- Water Provision
License, registrations, and permissions required to start Paper Bag Making business in India
Below is the list of licenses required to start Paper Bag Making business
- PAN Card
- Pvt Ltd company registration
- Aadhaar Card
- Trade License
- BIS registration
- ISI Mark
- FSSAI registration
- Shop Act License
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration
- No Objection Certificate from State Pollution Control Board
Machinery required to start Paper Bag Making business
Different types of machines are there for paper bag making on a commercial scale, some can be automatic machines and a few are semi-automatic only. The cost of automatic machines differs from 5 lakhs to 20 lakh rupees. The price mainly is determined by the motor speed which is directly proportional to production yield.
Production capacity with an automatic machine is around 10,000 pieces in an hour without printing. As is evident that the machine with dual-color printing arrangement takes more installation area because it has one extra printing unit attached to it. There are various other types of machines are available in the market and the price for that machines varies based upon additional features like laminating, packing, printing, multi-color printing, etc.
Raw materials required to start Paper Bags Manufacturing business
Paper bags can be prepared from different types of papers present in the market. You have to determine that what type of paper you are willing to use for manufacturing paper bags. The different paper offers different strengths, if you are manufacturing paper carry bags for clothes then the quality must be high as compared to carry bags for transporting small things like lightweight grocery items, medicines, etc.
The main raw materials required for manufacturing are as mentioned below.
- Paper roll (You can purchase it from a paper mill)
- Printing ink is needed for designing and for logos printing
Procedure to start Paper Bag Manufacturing business
You may also check this: Seed Food Processing Business.
The manufacturing of paper bags is entirely automatic and easy. A person can easily operate one machine for production. Usually, when all things are fed into the machine then you do not have to do perform anything just wait and see till machine stops. The process of manufacturing is stated in the next section:
- Cutting the paper as per size is done with an automatic paper bag machine
- Pressing the side of the paper using gum is done with a pressing machine
- Next, printing is performed by printers
- Punching is performed for making holes for strings
- Attaching strings to hole is automatically performed
Investment required to start Paper Bag Manufacturing business
Land and building requirement: Rs. 3,00,000
Machinery and equipment: Rs. 5,00,000.
Salaries and wages: Rs. 28,300
Raw materials: Rs. 2,79,000
Utilities: Rs. 4,000
Other Contingent Expenses: Rs. 9,000
Total Recurring Expenses: Rs. 3,20,000
Working Capital Requirement for 3 months: Rs. 9,60,000.
Total Capital Investment
Fixed capital: Rs. 8,00,000
Working capital: Rs. 9,61,000
Total: Rs. 17,61,000
Cost of production (per year): Rs. 40,00,000
Turn-over /Sale: Rs. 45,00,000.
Profit in Paper Bag Manufacturing business in India
Production cost for 1 paper bag having dimension 18cm x 25cm is about Rs. 3.40/- including resources cost and workers expenses. The market selling price of 1 piece paper bag is about Rs. 3.50. Thus, you can see that by 1 piece of a paper bag, you will earn 0.10 paise.
The above profit margin could change and based on production quantity and proper utilization of equipment.
Net profit = Rs. 45,00,000 – Rs. 40,00,000 = Rs. 5,00,000
Net Profit Ratio = Net Profit Per Year x 100/Turn-over per year = 5/45 = 11.11%
Rate of Return = Net Profit Per Year x 100/ Total Investment = 5/16.2 = 30.17%.
Break Even Analysis
Depreciations on building: Rs. 7,50,000
Dep. (all other types): Rs. 4,40,000
Interest on investments: Rs. 1,94,000
Insurance: Rs. 60,000
40 % of salaries & wages: Rs. 1,51,000
40 % of O.Es. less insurance: Rs. 40,000
Total: Rs. 4,43,500
Net Profit per year: Rs. 5,00,000
Break Even Point (BEP): Fixed Cost x 100/Fixed Cost + Net Profit = 52.08%.
Marketing strategies to promote your Paper Bag Manufacturing business
You can apply with some websites like tradeindia.com, indiamart.com, etc. Also, the popular Facebook, Instagram could be great platforms to advertise your business online. It is also essential to have a website for your business. You can also approach paper bag dealers and can send your products directly to them.
- Peanut Butter Making Business Plan: Equipment, Cost, and Profit
- Tyre Fitment Centre Business: Plan, License, Cost to Start, and Profits
- How to Start Gold Import-Export Business in India: A Step-by-Step Profitable Guide for Beginners
- 10 Best Artificial Jewellery Manufacturers in India
- 12 Best Paper Cup Manufacturers in India
- 10 Garden Tools Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Fertilizer-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 9 Profitable Repair-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide