Profit in Banana Chips making business in India (Cost to Start)
Hello readers, in this blog we will discuss the banana chips making business in India. Banana chips making business is considered as one of the small manufacturing business from home. Banana chips are also known as “Banana Wafers” is basically a banana dried slices. The banana belongs to the genus Musa herbaceous plants that are sweet and soft. This kind of banana is also called as “Desert Banana.” Do you want to start Banana Wafers Making Business?
Ideas to start and make a profit from Banana Chips making
This blog provides complete information about how banana chips are made; licenses and permissions required starting banana wafers or chips making business, what are the main raw materials needed for the preparation of banana chips; banana chips making a business plan; banana chips making cost; and many other things. If you go through banana chips making a project plan blog where you can get full information about how you can begin banana chips business with less investment.
The market potential for Banana Chips making business to make a good profit
Good quality banana chips have a great export potential in which the Indian Government has permitted a tax holiday for five years for the FPI (Food Processing Industry). Presently, people are mostly consuming the banana in very diverse forms and preparations, so a huge market for banana chips is there and they can be sold in the below places: Clubs, in pan shops railway stations and airline caterers, schools and college canteens army establishments, retails outlets bars and pubs, bus stands roadside eateries.
Steps to start Banana Chips making business in India
In case if you miss this: Profit in Red Chilli Powder Production.
In India, banana is one of the best and profitable cash crops. About 16.17 million MT productions it is increasing widely across India in about 4.83 lakh hectares of land. Because the banana is an ingenious product that is prepared using a small slice that is deep-fried until it develops into a crispy and crunchy product. You can initiate banana chips making project plan by going through the simple mentioned below:
- Step – 1: Firstly, you must know banana wafers making business prospects in the market
- Step – 2: Secondly, you should know the registration process and licenses for banana chips making business.
- Step – 3: Thirdly, you must know the banana chips business plan, cost production unit, and machinery information.
- Step – 4: After that, you must know what are the raw materials needed for the banana wafers or chips making business.
- Step – 5: Then after, banana chips making business project plan flowchart
- Step – 6: Finally, banana chips plant cost information.
License, registrations, and permissions for Banana Chips making business
In India, the most of banana produced is consumed in fresh form. It is also important to get registration and for that, you must follow these below steps.
- Firstly, you have to obtain a license from FSSAI, as it comes under the food business. You also need to register with Udyog Aadhaar MSME which helps you in attaining the different funding and subsidies for banana wafers making business.
- Secondly, you must apply for the food business operator license that is vital for packaged food and selling in the country.
- Thirdly, you should obtain a trade license from the local municipal authority for banana chips making business.
- After that, you need should check with FPO Act and is important for banana chips plant cost.
- Then after, even though it is a micro and small unit you must register your banana wafers chips making business with ROC as a proprietorship firm. If you need to start it as a large scale business then you are permitted to register it as a Pvt. Ltd. Or LLP
- Also, GST registration must be done for banana chips making a business project plan.
- Finally, obtain a banana wafer making business factory license.
The machinery required for Banana Chips making business
Banana being greatly perishable thus any person who begins as a small-scale business can plan for a semi-automatic banana wafers manufacturing unit which will yield every year around 50 tons of banana wafers for every two working shifts within 300 working days. The following are needed machinery for the banana chips making business.
- Electrically-operated dryer with trolleys and 96 trays.
- Automatic Sealing Machine.
- DG set
- Slicer made of SS with attachments and electric motor.
- Oil sieve
- Coal-fired Furnace
- Cutting and peeling knives
- Weighing scale
- Aluminum utensils
Along with the above equipment, you must have the following things for arranging your banana chips plant cost.
- Must sustain the surroundings hygienically.
- Next to save the cost of workers you can plan for a fully automatic banana manufacturing machine.
- For the good connectivity for the roads, you must select a well-drained region or a place. So that it is valuable in the manufacture of raw materials.
- There is also a need for sufficient quantities of water and power supply.
- Finally, getting the fully automatic banana chips manufacturing machine then a large quantity of banana wafers production is produced.
Raw materials required for the Banana wafers making business
You can even produce the following: banana chips, banana powder, banana pulp, and many more using raw bananas. Thus the varieties of banana which are appropriate for banana chips manufacturing are mentioned below:
- Edible Oil
The above raw materials or ingredients are being used for the banana wafers making business and make sure care must be taken to get them in the required quantity. Along with the above materials, you may also need materials like pouches or plastic bags, cardboard boxes or corrugated boxes, printed polythene bags, etc. for packaging and marketing.
You may also check this: How to Make Money from Groundnut Oil Production.
Steps in Banana Chips making process
How banana chips are prepared is a major question for any individual. The banana wafers’ preparation is easy as well as simple. The preparation process of banana chips could be explained easily in the following:
- You must sort the best bananas for the preparation. To examine if the raw banana is a good or damaged one.
- Next is to wash the good bananas.
- Thirdly, you should peel and trim the bananas.
- After that, cut the bananas into proper slices as per your desired size and shape.
- Later, wash the bananas after cutting them into required slices.
- Keep the slices in sunlight for drying.
- Now, deep fry them properly using sufficient edible oil.
- You must include adequate salt as per the taste.
- In addition to that, add the spices for flavors purpose and for the best taste.
- Finally, keep them in a cool place for cooling.
After banana wafers or banana chips are prepared, you have to pack them in plastic bags or pouches. You can even use or sell the banana peels as biodegradable to the compost making units.
Investment or cost to initiate Banana Chips making business in India
The banana chips are basically served as an appetizer, side dish, or snack. The banana chips manufacturing unit mostly depends on the following: production output and machine expense.
- Primarily, the working capital should be about Rs. 8,00,000 and the semi-automatic machine ranges from Rs. 1,00,000 to Rs. 3,00,000. The fully automatic machine costs range from Rs. 3,50,000 to Rs. 6,00,000.
- Secondly, you will achieve the turnover across 47.77%.
- Finally, you can amend the capacity of the banana chips making business project plan and cost as per your need.
- The cost of raw materials includes Rs. 50,000
- The packaging cost includes Rs. 10,000
- The other miscellaneous charges include is Rs. 10,000
Profits in Banana Chips making business
The banana chips business profit ranges from 50% to 60% as it has high demand in the market. So, you can expect a profit of Rs. 4,00,000 to Rs. 6,00,000 per year in small-scale business. You can even start banana chips making at home, as it requires a very small space to start with.
To reduce the input costs and increase the profit, you can start a commercial Banana Farming.