Introduction of how to start a Rose Water Making Business
Have you ever experienced the fragrance while strolling through a garden, looked at a rose, stopped for its aroma, its delicate and rejuvenating fragrance, and thought about the business chances which this small-decorative-red-flower has for anyone?
Though the properties of a rose open a market for many products to be developed but the most common product which has earmarked a shelf space in every household is the Rosewater.
A step-by-step guide to starting a Rose Water making business in India
Market potential of Rose Water making business
Iran makes the perfect condition for the most authentic produced rosewater because of its weather and soil conditions followed by other regions like India. This product has been controlling various markets because of its history in its uses ranging from skincare to culinary preparations and religious rites as well.
This product is extensively used across the world that India itself exported rose water worth 1.2 USD million to about 110 countries during 2019-2020.
Giving you all the more explanations to get your hands on this business in the upcoming section below. The market potential for the Rosewater making business is so high that India produced rose water of 6,75,630 million metric tonnes of quantities in 2018.
Uses of Rose Water
Rosewater is flavored water that is made by steeping rose petals in the water. It’s inflammatory, antibacterial, moisture retention properties have augmented its applications across different sectors.
Moreover, the potential of Rosewater can be well-defined using the type of rose used in industrial rose water preparation, the type of rose water product needed, and the uses of the rose water by various sections of consumers in the global and Indian consumer market.
The types of Roses used in Rose Water
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- Red rose of France
- Rose Demasina ( sucha gulab )
- Rosa centifolia
Essentials for preparing different Rose Water products
- Rose perfume: rose oil
- Rose mouth wash: rose water and rose oil
- Rosewater: rose petals and rose water
- Rose creams: rose petals and rose water
- Rose jam: rose petals and rose water
Uses of Rose Water can be seen in the following precisely
- In flavor food
- In religious rituals
- As face toner
- In perfumes
- In flavored beverages making
- In cosmetic and medicine preparation
- For inflating and blemishing pimples and acne scars
License, permissions and registrations required to start Rose Water making business
The registrations that must be essential to start Rose Water making business include-
Business Entity: The first registration for any business is to register it as a business entity by knowing about the form of the organization. It could be as a sole proprietorship or a partnership or a limited liability partnership or a one-person company. This will help in availing a few benefits to the business and must, therefore, be selected carefully before registering the business at the Registrar’s office.
FSSAI registration: The Rose Water is classified as the processing of food or food products and thus as per the definition requires an FSSAI registration. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is meant for protecting and promoting public health by regulation and supervision of food safety hence FSSAI is a mandatory registration/license for the business. The FSSAI registration process is entirely online and quite easy to follow, once the documents are ready.
Shop Act or Trade License: The Rose Water business for example in Maharashtra, India requires applying for a Shop Act License from the local municipal authority to run the business. This license helps manage the working conditions along with working hours, leaves, wages, holidays, etc. of the employees and supports the business to run smoothly.
GST Registration: Every business, including Rose Water, should associate with taxes at some point and for monitoring a single uniform taxation structure, the business should get a common GST number which stands for Goods and Service Tax.
BIS certification: Apart from these registrations the business should get BIS certification as well as tax liabilities.
No Objection Certificate from State Pollution Control Board: The Rose Water doesn’t cause any pollution so no clearance is needed, however, it is recommended to check it with the State Pollution Control Board of the locality where the business is established.
Benefits of Rose Water making business
The business model of a rosewater making business can be explained using these 4 variants
- Value proposition: The value proposition which the rosewater business is predicted to provide to you is:
- Easily available raw materials with less manufacturing cost and massive sales prospect.
- Increasing usages of rose water across the various sectors and factories.
Area required to start Rose Water making business
The area which is needed to set up rose water making business is 200 sq. ft.
Raw materials required to start a Rose Water making business
The raw materials essential for setting up a rosewater making business are
- Rose petals
- RO water
- Packaging bottles
- Carton boxes
- Machinery required
The machinery essential to set up this business is
- Pressure cooker
- Weighing machine
- Weighing machine
Manpower required to start Rose Water making business
The manpower that is needed to set up a rosewater making unit is
- 1-skilled worker
- 2-unskilled workers
Moreover, proper training to these workers in terms of the following must should be provided in-
- Machinery usage
- Equipment management
- Safety and precautions procedures
Investment required to start Rose Water making business
The investment needed to set up rose water making business could be a few lakhs.
Profits made per month in Rose Water making business
The profits gained from this business is about ₹30000 – ₹50000 per month.
Profit margin in Rose Water making business
The rosewater making business can yield you a profit margin of about 35% – 40%.
Target customers in Rose Water making business
The target consumers for your rose water making business are stated below:
- Restaurants and cafés: They need rose water like essence in making house special desserts and beverages for the customers
- Juice bars: They need rose water for infusing a rose-like essence in cocktails and flavor the summer drinks with an essence of rose water to give the customers the rejuvenating taste they seek for.
- Skincare sector: The skincare sectors need rose water infused for body wash, moisturizer toners, face masks, face sprays, face packs, etc. This is required as the rose water can provide shining and acne-free skin.
- Beauty and cosmetic industry: The spas and salons employ rose water as a treatment in the form of hair care, facials, etc. because of its ability to sustain moisture
- Perfume industry: These make use of rose water to infuse for perfumes to cater to those clients who prefer floral based and mild fragrance when it comes to perfumes, mists, etc.
- Retail stores and supermarkets: These keeps rose water as the customers would directly approach for their household purposes and thus to give the rosewater its maximum accessibility.
- Religious rituals: Rosewater is also used for executing certain religious ceremonies across the world.
- Dessert industry: They need to prepare sweets like Gulab Jamun, cookies, Turkish delight, and many more.
- Pharmaceutical sector: They use as an infusion with other materials such as in ointments, lotions, etc.
Competitors for your Rose Water business in India
The key competitors to any rosewater making business are as follows:
- VLCC rose water
- Patanjali rose water
- Lotus Herbals
- Forest essentials
Marketing strategies to promote your business
The marketing strategy that can be applied by your rosewater making business could be through-
- Ads: TV commercials, pop up ads on online beauty retail websites, celebrity endorsements, etc.
- Print media: Articles, blogs justifying the standard and manufacturing process of the rose water, etc.
You can promote your product through social media websites. You can even try by using either B2B or B2C websites and sell the products. Give the samples of your product in the nearby restaurants, hotels, grocery stores, supermarkets, etc. It has great demand in the market because of its high nutritional values and health benefits.
Growth parameters in Rose Water business
The rosewater making business has seen and has the prospective for the following growth aspects. With the growing alteration towards natural and organic consumption in terms of skincare, food and drinks the rosewater market has been rising at an increasing rate. Moreover, the global rosewater market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% during the years 2019-2025.
Suggestions to improve your Rose Water business in a successful way
- We know exactly what you are interested to know. Rosewater infused lemonade and some assistance to clarify your conclusion of whether or not taking up this rosewater making business will be helpful or not. So here we elaborate it.
- Firstly, rosewater has been a product passed down for generations having its own traditional and unique application across various segments, especially skin maintenance. So it’s a steady business to plunge into.
- Secondly, the cost of manufacture and the speculation costs are as nominal as they can be so it’s rather a profitable business
- Lastly, with its growing applications and antibacterial and scent properties, it is providing opening a wider market you could cater to.
Conclusion of Rose Water making business
With a proper business plan, one can earn great profits in Rose Water making business in India and other countries as well.
You should not miss this: How To Start Atta Chakki Making Business.