Introduction to starting Printed Masks making business
Whether it’s to collect the parcel from a delivery person or you are in a fix to join for a meeting in your colony or locality friends on your evening walk or even while allowing the power repairman get into the house and get the fixes done to procuring the grocery list checked out at the marts.
When you think just how the creative minds of 7.8 billion people plan to let this need for this virus to be met by developing face masks by customizing according to their lifestyle by just making printed face masks shows the consumer character in terms of the importance they give to social presence, keeping up with the fashion and most importantly style, status, and appreciation irrespective of the pandemic era.
A step-by-step guide to starting Printed Masks making business in India
India holds a market of 5.5 million reusable and washable masks of which the market of the printer’s face masks is so high that they are designed by well-known Indian designers like Masaba, Ritu Kumar, etc to our moms and dads from home.
So, do you want to capture this extraordinary need of these fashion and serve consumers while helping them avoid the coronavirus in an orderly fashion and at the same time earn some income? Here’s we have thrown some light on the essentials of this business.
Market potential for starting Printed Masks making business
A face mask is a protective layer for the face that stops the spread of pollution, viruses, flu, etc. It’s required to cover the nose and mouth, being the most essential and affected respondent of these stimuli.
However, a printed face mask is not separate except the fact that it imparts a more appealing look thereby providing some extra reason to wear on the face.
The market potential for this product is great because the majority of the population has been left unaffected by this virus and so they try to be more cautious with the use of face Masks, sanitizers, etc to prevent an encounter with the virus while planning for an appealing look on the face through these printed face masks.
The market for this product can be seen based on the below aspects:
Based on the fabric used in making printed face masks
- T-shirt fabric
- Based on prints on the printed face masks
- Brand name, trademark encryption
- Digital face prints
- Tie and dyes
- To match it with the outfit
- To be worn on festive times
- To make a social appearance
- To keep up with fashion
License, permissions, and registrations required for starting Printed Masks making business
The license needed to run this face mask making business are:
- Registration of your business
- ISI standard registration
- MSME registration
- CE certificate
- GMP certificate
- FDA certificate
- Trade license
- GST registration
- No Pollution Certificate
- No Objection Certificate
- Shop and Establishment Act License
Area required for starting Printed Masks making business
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
The area needed to set up this business would be around 1500 sq. ft.
Raw materials required for starting Printed Masks making business
The raw materials needed to set up a printed face mask making business are mentioned below:
- Fabric: cotton, silk, etc
- Fabric scissors
- Pins and clips
- Sewing machine
Machinery required for starting Printed Masks making business
The machinery needed to set up this business are listed down:
- Face mask machine
- Mask inner loop welding machine
- Non-woven mask blank making machine
- Print encryption machine
- Manpower required
- The manpower needed to set up this face mask making business
- 2-skilled workers
- 2-unskilled workers
- Moreover, sufficient training for these workers for the below things is very essential for the proper functioning of your business.
Investment required for starting Printed Masks making business
The investment needed to set up this business might be ranging from ₹ 10 lakhs – ₹ 25 lakhs. Before you start the business you must calculate the financial aspects of manufacturing. Without appropriate financial planning, it is hard to take the first move. If you estimate the manufacturing cost then you should think about the raw materials, labor expenses, machinery, packaging, licensing, delivery, branding, etc. So, the charges may take up to 15 lakhs rupees in the beginning. But the investment for machinery is for one time, and others will be adjusted to about 5 lakhs rupees. To start your business you can avail of loans from the government and through authorized financial organizations.
Profits made in Printed Masks making business
The profits made through the printed face mask making business is projected to be ₹ 3 lakhs-₹ 4 lakhs monthly. You can easily notice that during this pandemic the business will be profitable from each aspect. As the requirement is huge and if you can create a sustained flow of Face Masks then you could earn a decent profit from this business. The more you earn the more you can deliver a healthy livelihood to the people of your company.
Profit margin in Printed Masks making business
The profit margin that a printed face mask making business is likely to yield is about 20%-50% based on the quality of the product you produce the profit percentage increases. Make sure that you attract customers with lots of varieties and follow the trend.
Target customers in this business
The target consumers for any printed face mask making business among some of the listed ones which include target consumers, and these are the target clients for a printed face mask making business- Occasions: weddings, events, etc.; Social media stars; Offline and online retail apparel stores; E-commerce platforms; The uniform population.
- Weddings: The printed face masks have become the mandatory product for weddings to stay in style while protecting yourself from this deadly pathogen. Face masks that match the outfits of the bride and groom and the guests could be prepared.
- Workplaces: The working class like clerks, employees, interns, etc have resumed back to their work in an office where they do so. Printed face masks in the form of a color block print will likely be somewhat interesting on boring formals.
- Uniform population: The uniform population who serve the public such as police departments, navy officers, etc also are a market for a printed face mask to make their appearance look disciplinary when safeguarding themselves from the spread of this disease.
- Social media influencers: The social media influencers on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc which are of huge pollution in the country have stood as dominant consumers of these printed face masks to look attractive and trendy.
- E-commerce platforms: The e-commerce platforms could be a huge platform for printed face masks for selling as it caters to the various printed needs of the target people like the ones looking for a cartoon, customized face masks, graphics, etc.
- Online and offline clothing retail stores: By keeping the printed face masks matching with the apparel online and offline on the e-commerce websites and offline outlets like tops, shirts, T-shirt’s, traditional outfits could be a huge market for the masks.
Business plan and growth for starting Printed Masks making business
The business model of a printed face mask is speculated in these 4 variants. Availability of raw material without difficulty, minimal manufacturing processes, and low capital.
Large requirements from offline as well as online customers.
Competitor review before starting Printed Masks making business
The present competitors for this printed face mask businesses are
- The unorganized printed face masks segment.
- Fab India
- Designers: Payal Singhal, masaba, Ritu Kumar, Raymond
Marketing strategies for promoting your business in India
The marketing strategy which can be followed by your printed mask-making business is through Advertising: All social media platforms like pop up ads on Instagram, stories on WhatsApp, Facebook advertising
Listings: Registering with online websites like Amazon, eBay, Myntra, and Flipkart.
In case if you miss this: Paper Bag Manufacturing Guide.
Growth in Printed Masks making business
The printed face mask making business has witnessed and has the capacity for the following growth projections. The printed face masks business in a country like India has provided about ₹1000 crore in 2020 and is estimated to generate ₹4000 crores within one year.
The global face mask market is estimated to reach a volume of 52 billion units by the end of 2020. Besides, this market is estimated to grow at a CAGR as high as 26% between 2019-2025
Tips for increasing your customers and to expand in its way
When you plan to customize, the mask design we can add some more benefits to have a firm decision about the business as a start-up’s idea.
Firstly, the business has a great scope of expansion from a home-based business to a manufacturing-based small unit with nominal investment charges
Secondly, with the growing requirement of the face masks has to adapt with this virus demanding lifestyle and at the same time it should give trendy look to look fashionable, that appeals to maintain social status and the design should be unique among the people could be taken advantage of by selling off these printed face masks.
Lastly, the foreign export market of printed face masks from India has been around ₹50 crores thereby providing an opportunity to establish a global space.