How to Start Crafts Making Business with Agricultural Produce
Are you looking for some eco-friendly crafts-making business ideas? Do you plan to start a home-based crafts-making business? You can prepare and sell so many crafts items with agricultural produce from your home. Here in this post, we have mentioned the 8 most profitable crafts-making business ideas for your convenience.
Any type of craft is an impeccable product to prepare and sell from home. Additionally, the crafts-making process does not demand any high–end machines. You can produce most of the craft items with some hand tools and equipment.
Also, it is a very good business for the women businesspersons and students. Craft items cater to an extensive range of items. However, kitchen utility items, home décor, furniture, and jewelry items are the most famous in the segment.
Commonly, crafts making dictates specific skills and ideas. However, numerous Government-sponsored and private institutes provide training for interested entrepreneurs.
Not only the retail gift stores, but there are also many other avenues for selling craft products. Generally, crafts fairs are the perfect places for selling craft items. Also, you must plan online orders. You can sell from the marketplaces and even keep your stall.
A step-by-step guide to Crafts making business with Agricultural Produce
The market potential for Crafts making business with Agricultural Produce
Currently, the agricultural produce crafts market is growing expressively both in terms of volume and value in the global crafts market. The important manufacture and consumption of agricultural produce across various end-use factories are the major causes for this.
Agricultural produce is a versatile multi-purpose agricultural harvest that plays a vibrant role in the world’s domestic and industrial economies. Agricultural produce-based items are used for a wide range of indoor and outdoor purposes owing to their profusion and versatility.
Agricultural produce is an effective substitute for wood and industrial raw materials in both modern industrial and traditional cottage segments. All these factors are contributing to the growth of the agricultural produce crafts market worldwide. So, starting a crafts-making business with agricultural produce is a profitable opportunity for the artisans.
Market research for Crafts making business with Agricultural Produce
It is significant to understand the exact requirement for the different products. Generally, the local demands are based on the different tastes of the local people. So, it is significant to identify the products which already have demand. Additionally, check the costs of those products. These all will aid you in determining the price of your things.
Registration, license, and permissions required to start Crafts making business with Agricultural Produce
Below is the list of licenses required before starting the Agricultural Produce Crafts Business in India: Registration of firm, GST registration, Trade license, Pollution certificate, MSME/SSI registration, EPI and ESI registrations, Trademark, FSSAI registration, IEC code, FPO act.
- Business Entity: The first registration for any business is to register it as a business entity by knowing about the form of the organization. It could be as a sole proprietorship or a partnership or a limited liability partnership or a one-person company. This will help in availing a few benefits to the business and must, therefore, be selected carefully before registering the business at the Registrar’s office.
- Shop Act or Trade License: Agricultural Produce Crafts Business for example in Maharashtra, India requires applying for a Shop Act License from the local municipal authority to run the business. This license helps manage the working conditions along with working hours, leaves, wages, holidays, etc. of the employees and supports the business to run smoothly.
- Udyog Aadhaar Registration: The Agricultural Produce Crafts Business is categorized as a small business and hence it must be registered under Udyog Aadhaar which is a registration and recognition for MSMEs- micro, small, and medium enterprises.
- GST Registration: Every business, including the Agricultural Produce Crafts Business, should associate with taxes at some point and for monitoring a single uniform taxation structure, the business should get a common GST number which stands for Goods and Service Tax.
- BIS certification: Apart from these registrations the business should get BIS certification as well as tax liabilities.
- No Objection Certificate from State Pollution Control Board: Agricultural Produce Crafts Business doesn’t cause any pollution so no clearance is needed, however, it is recommended to check it with the State Pollution Control Board of the locality where the business is established.
Design a business plan for Crafts making business with Agricultural Produce
You must design a business plan before opening the business. It must have a financial analysis and marketing approach. Additionally, you must consist of the ways of publicity of your products. A well-crafted business plan aids to initiate the business appropriately. Apart from that, it aids to get investment from banks or funding organizations.
List Ideas for Crafts making business with Agricultural Produce
1. Bamboo Crafts Making
You can prepare many items from Bamboo and Bamboo products. You can make hair accessories, jewelry, home decor items, utility items, and furniture. You might require only some hand tools for producing those items.
2. Cane Crafts Making
Cane furniture items are very famous around the world. Additionally, these are even durable too. Agricultural Produce acts as a substitute for wood that consumes more time to grow and is costlier.
Some of the most widespread Agricultural Produce-made products are lamp-stand, partition, screen, flower pots, umbrella handles, baskets, tool handles, walking sticks, fishing rods, ladders, tent poles, fans, toys, mugs, cups, etc.
3. Coir Twisting
Coir is a natural, eco-friendly, waterproof, and remarkably tensile fiber extracted using the nuts of coconut palms. Coir comes in two different colors. One is white and another is brown.
You can produce diverse types of toys, mats, brushes, wall hangings, mattresses, key rings, pen stands, and a few other home decor items
4. Dry Flowers Wreath
Dry flowers are everlasting flowers. Moreover, the need for the dried flowers is growing rapidly nowadays. You can make diverse types of decor items from dry flowers at home. Apart from that, you can make greeting cards too.
5. Jute Handicrafts
Jute is an eco-friendly fiber. However, fiber is very beneficial for making various types of utility products including jewelry. However, handmade jute bags, home decors, wall hangings, are very prevalent items. Also, you can make various types of dolls with jute.
6. Palm Leaf Weaving
Palm leaves are very beneficial in making diverse items. The list comprises mats, baskets, hats, serving trays, etc. In addition to that, you can also make home decor items including wall hangings with palm leaves. Palm leaves are eco-friendly items and dried leaves make them last longer.
7. Shell Crafts Making
You can make various types of handicraft items with seashells. Commonly, shell crafts making is all about making colorful and decorative items by using seashells. You can make curtains, jewelry, wind chimes, wall hangings, lampshades by using seashells.
8. Wood Carving
Wood carving is very prevalent throughout the sphere. You can prepare a wide range of products through wood carving. It is the artistic preparation of shaping and decorating wooden items into several decorative handicraft products.
However, craftsmen use various types of costly woods for making diverse items. The most common types of wood used for this craft are teak, oak, sal, ebony, Sheesham, mango, etc.
We hope this list of 8 profitable crafts-making business ideas will aid you in initiating a home-based business of your own.
Machinery and tools required for Crafts making business with Agricultural Produce
Broadly, the resources contain hand tools, equipment, and raw materials. A set of agricultural produce crafts processing machinery includes a Bamboo cross-cutting machine, a Bamboo Internal knot removing machine, a Bamboo Hydraulic Splitter, a Bamboo External Knot removing machine, a Bamboo Multiple Slicing Machine a set of different tools, for Bamboo based products. According to the product you desire to produce, you should purchase the decorative items too. Also, think about the packaging materials. You must look at commercial packaging for your agricultural produce crafts products which will be appealing to the customers.
Investment required to start a Crafts making business with Agricultural Produce
The investment required for starting Agricultural Produce Making Crafts is Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,00,000. It depends upon the scalability of your business. You can even start it from home with just Rs. 10,000.
In case if you miss this: Pearl Farming Business in India.
Profit in Crafts making business with Agricultural Produce
As everyone is aware that due to the usage of plastics and metal containers causes pollution, the Agricultural Produce Crafts can reduce the pollution and many of them will encourage buying these eco-friendly products. These are affordable and long-lasting and are safe to use. You can earn 45 to 50% of profit margin in Agricultural Produce Crafts making business.
How to sell your Agricultural Produce Crafts
Practically, there are plenty of ways you can sell the crafts. Primarily, you can sell from the nearby retail gift shops on a contract basis. Moreover, crafts fairs and street exhibitions are the most appropriate options for selling crafts. In today’s digital era, you should consider selling your crafts through the internet. And innovatively, there are many options online. Primarily, grab the online marketplaces which sell crafts-associated products. You can even plan for e-commerce websites as Amazon, Etsy, and eBay. Additionally, you can also think about designing your online store for selling Agricultural Produce crafts products.
Where to sell your Agricultural Produce Crafts
You can sell your Agricultural Produce Crafts in the shopping malls or stores. You can also register in B2B websites and B2C websites in online markets to promote your product.
You can also sell your products in supermarkets, small stores in shopping malls, etc. Advertise your product through social media to get a huge number of clients in this way you can increase and promote your business. Even though there are several Agricultural Produce Crafts businesses in India, but the demand for encouraging the new product is also high because of its medicinal properties.
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
Marketing strategies to promote your Agricultural Produce Crafts
According to your marketing strategy, you must stimulate your business. You can openly sell the plants from your home nursery. However, selling the plants using some retail space is certainly a better option.
Besides, you can sell the Agricultural Produce Crafts through online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay. Also, you can sell the plants in your online store. Besides, plant exhibitions are a great place to endorse your business to a wide range of consumers.
Agricultural Produce Crafts needs true passion, devotion, and persistence to get long-term accomplishment in this venture.