Introduction to Popcorn Making Project Report, Business Plan: Popcorn, the name is prevalent not only in India but also in various countries, from kids to adults. Yes, we are discussing the same Popcorn snack that is commonly famous among people of all age groups. Most people consume while watching a movie, or a stage show, or during any other interesting program on television. However, kids eat them for they enjoy them as a delicious snack item. Popcorn is tasty and simple for digestion. Even if you consume a large quantity, it does not badly affect your health because it gets digested rapidly. The demand is always seen in the market, so given these requirements of the people, an individual can start manufacturing Popcorn Business with low financial assistance. In this article, we will summarize all major aspects related to how to start a Popcorn Manufacturing Business.
A guide to Popcorn Making Project Report and Business Plan
Why Popcorn Making has more demand?: Popcorn is a commonly preferred snack item. It is a modified form of corn in which the hard corn grains get heated and inflated, and these inflated corn grains are sold as Popcorn. Hence, stoves and pans are essential to make popcorn in villages while machines are employed for commercial preparation. But their quality relies on the special category of maize as high-quality popcorn will not be obtained with any type of maize. Therefore, for the success of this Popcorn Manufacturing business, it is essential to pick a proper type of maize.
Popcorn Making as a business opportunity
Can we start Popcorn making as a business opportunity? Yes, this business can be initiated very easily in cities as well as in villages. For this, you don’t need a specific area or huge investment. You can even install a popcorn machine on a ready-made handcart. One can opt for packing machines for selling artistically if planned smartly. However, if one thinks it is expensive and plans to invest less money, then this packing can be performed manually.
Market potential of Popcorn Business in India
There are many proper reasons and selling aspects. Popcorn is easy for digestion, a very delicious and famous snack item. This is why Popcorn is gaining popularity among customers of different ages. Since customers are increasing, its manufacturers are also rising in India. In cities, its usage is growing at a fast pace as the number of movie theatre complexes in the country is snowballing. With the huge potential for sales, people are inclined to begin the business. With a planned profit margin in this segment, it can be helpful for anybody to start a Popcorn Manufacturing Business as a start-up venture.
List of market areas to start Popcorn Business
If you want to begin this business in a rural region nearby, you will use a wheelbarrow, and then you could install a machine on it. Then you will have to procure the raw material. You can keep the rate from Rs. 5 to Rs. 10 for acquiring raw material for popcorn in it and packing using the machine.
The other way is to start a popcorn-making company. You can plan by spending a little bit of capital because if you are doing this business in the city somewhat larger scale when compared to the village, then you will need proper machinery and proper packaging stuff.
List of licenses, permits and registration required for Popcorn Business in India
If you are initiating a business in a village area, you must not acquire any type of approvals, but for a large-scale business in an urban region, you will have to spend more money on it and you must acquire some licenses that are summarised in the following section.
This is the primary registration or any business that is done under the Registrar of Companies. For this, the owner can approach a business consultant as well. The industry could be registered as micro and medium enterprises based on size.
Since the business is associated with food,
- A food license (FSSAI) must be acquired. So that during packaging the information will be printed on a packet of popcorn.
- The trademark registration for securing the brand name is important.
- Popcorn Manufacturing businesses need to apply for GST registration.
Area required to start Popcorn Making Business
About 450 Square Feet that is about 50 yards is appropriate for starting a small-scale Popcorn Manufacturing Business in the beginning. However, the owner should plan to arrange various places to perform several things as per the operations of his business. The business could demand one or two persons who can take care of the operations associated with the machine, electricity, and water facilities. In addition, you must keep a vehicle, driver, and marketing person to find out potential customers.
Machinery required to start Popcorn Making Business
As far as popcorn making machines dealt, various types of popcorn making machines are existing in the market. It also has machines that use LPG gas. One must select the machine thinking of production capacity and the resources accessible to him. Even, while choosing a Popcorn machine, check whether a machine can inflate corn grains. Not only that, a load weighing machine is necessary to weigh popcorn. However, there are some firms such as Prestige, etc., that have allowed domestic popcorn making using Popcorn Maker.
Raw materials required to start Popcorn Making Business
Some people include butter and salt in household utensils such as pan, pickle, etc. But it is somewhat tedious to say how safe it is to sell this popcorn commercially. Maize is cultivated in many states of the nation and is not only used for popcorn but is the raw material for oil, starch, flour, liquid glucose, etc. Despite that, it is readily obtained in every segment due to the abundant cultivation. Other materials such as ghee and salt are even essential for the popcorn-making process.
The manufacturing process of Popcorn
In case if you miss this: Feed Mill Project Report.
The process of making popcorn using the Popcorn Machine is very simple. If the owner purchases direct maize from the cultivators, he can get more benefits. For this, the individual should primarily separate the corn grains from maize and next dry them properly under sunlight. After the grains get dried, these corn kernels’ impurities like corn hair will be removed. After that ghee and salt will be included in the heating segment of the machine.
Later the corn kernels are added so that the grains are transformed into popcorn due to heat. The machine will easily produce popcorn and automatically the popcorn is made. The owner has to follow the moisture-free packaging steps of Popcorn to ensure the quality of popcorn is not hampered after it is served to the customers.
Popcorn Making Project Report/Economics of starting a popcorn making business in India
Land and Building: Rs. 1,00,000
Equipment (Popcorn m/c, Pan, Mixer, Packing m/c etc.): Rs. 1,65,000
Total Capital Expenditure: Rs. 2,65,000
Working Capital: Rs. 1,63,000
Total project cost: Rs. 4,28,000
Makka, Ghee, Salt etc.: Rs. 1,635
Corn seeds: Rs. 1,20,000
Lables and packing material: Rs. 50,000
Wages (Skilled & Unskilled): Rs. 60,000
Miscellaneous Expenses: Rs. 5,000
Depreciation: Rs. 2,150
Insurance: Rs. 2,650.
Interest (As per the PLR)
a. C.E.Loan: Rs. 34,450
b. W.C.Loan: Rs. 21,190
Total Interest: Rs. 55,640
Fixed Cost: Rs. 1,54,100
Variable Cost: Rs. 2,97,075
Total costs: Rs. 4,51,175
Expected sales: Rs. 6,70,000
Profit = Rs. 6,70,000 – Rs. 4,51,175 = Rs. 2,18,825.
Final words: Hope this post will aid you to begin popcorn business properly in your area.
- Peanut Butter Making Business Plan: Equipment, Cost, and Profit
- Tyre Fitment Centre Business: Plan, License, Cost to Start, and Profits
- How to Start Gold Import-Export Business in India: A Step-by-Step Profitable Guide for Beginners
- 10 Best Artificial Jewellery Manufacturers in India
- 12 Best Paper Cup Manufacturers in India
- 10 Garden Tools Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Fertilizer-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 9 Profitable Repair-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- 13 Profitable Handmade Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Meat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 13 Profitable Pets Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Services