Profits in Aam Papad making business (Cost to Start)
Hi friends! Today let us discuss our favorite product Aam papad also called mango jelly. Aam papad is a favorite item where everyone loves to eat from kids to adults everyone enjoys that. Because of its high demand and love towards it by everyone one, you can think of starting the Aam papad making business in India.
Ideas to start and make profits in Aam Papad Making
The Aam papad manufacturers in India have a lot of profits with the least risk factors. Aam papad is sold nationwide and it has the highest demand in the markets which is not restricted to states. Now coming to the process of making Aam papad is very simple and is made of Aam. Aam papad is the most famous as everyone is fond of Mangoes in India.
Registration, license, and registration for Aam Papad making business
Aam papad is also used as a food product. And the business requires various registrations and licenses before beginning only. These requisites are mainly based on the location where you are planning to initiate the unit. However, it is suggested to contact local small business professionals and tax consultants.
- Primarily, you must define the management design of your organization. And then as per the design, register your business.
- Firstly, apply for MSME Udyog Aadhaar which is available as online registration.
- Then, the important trade license from the local municipality should be applied.
- The business comes under the food Industry category and requests consent from FSSAI which is also done online.
- Nowadays it is a must to apply for GST registration.
- Try to create a current account in any of the nearby banks.
- Then it is important to apply for the BIS certification. The Bureau of Indian Standards specification for the product is IS 966:1962. The product must also conform to the PFA Act, guidelines
- Moreover, it is essential to check the tax liabilities as well for this business.
Ingredients used for making Aam papad
- Mango: For making Aam papad you require ripe mangoes. Mango is seasonal fruit thus unavailable always in the market. But currently, mangoes are imported from various places, especially international markets.
- Places to buy mangoes from: If you purchase mangoes from the market or street merchants then it will be expensive. So to save money you must purchase mangoes straight from the farmers who provide mangoes to market. This will aid you to attain the mangoes at a reasonable cost.
- Price of mangoes: Mangoes are not available at the same price always and you can get mangoes cost around Rs 30 to Rs 50 per kg. Thus you should purchase the mangoes through the farmers who have farmed for mangoes.
- Sugar: Sugar is also used for making Aam papad. It is used as a sweetening agent for the Aam papad. Even the powdered sugar could be used for sugar.
- From where to buy sugar and at what price: You can obtain sugar from any store. On an estimate of 1 kg, sugar is available between Rs. 30 to Rs. 40.
- Butter: Using clarified butter is a preferred option. Usually, 1 kg of butter (ghee) ranges between Rs. 400 to Rs. 500.
- Black salt: You can purchase from any general store. It is available from Rs. 14 per kg.
Machinery for making Aam papad
Proper machinery is needed to start Aam papad making business for both small and large scale set up. By this machinery, you can effortlessly manufacture Aam papad. It is very easy to pack papad using machinery. It even consumes less time at the same time the operations are done efficiently and effectively.
The process of making Aam papad
In case if you miss this: Profits in Guar Gum Making Business.
- The primary step is to peel the cover of the mangoes. Ensure you peel off the mangoes properly or else it will affect the product thereby will result in bad Aam papad.
- After peeling the mangoes make slices of mangoes. Then place the mango pieces, sugar and black salt in a mixer and grind it properly till everything is mixed and a uniform paste is obtained.
- After that keep the mixture through a sieve and tightly press it to obtain a juice that is placed on the stove and heated for 10 minutes minimum.
- Now spread the butter on a plate and pour thickened mango juice above it and spread it uniformly as a thin layer.
- After that keeps that plate for sun drying for 2 days. After 2 days of drying cut it into specific pieces using a knife. Aam papad is now finally ready.
- Pack it now using a plastic wrap and they are now ready to be sold.
Packaging of Aam papad
You will require a thin transparent plastic for packing Aam papad. Also, you require a label to place on that packet for a firm brand name. Both things could be purchased from the market. The name of the firm and other related information also can be get printed with help from any print company.
You should determine beforehand the volume you are interested to sell per packet of Aam papad. Whether it is a 100gms packet or 50gms should be determined by the owner.
Pricing of Aam Papad
The sale of any product is based directly on price. So should have a good assumption for the cost of your Aam papad. If we think about shops then about1 kg of Aam papad is sold for about Rs. 400. On the other hand around 150gms Aam papad is sold for about Rs 130. So you should keep the price your Aam papad as per existing market rates.
Once you are established in the market and form goodwill you may enhance the price and gain more income in the form of profits.
The cost or investment to start an Aam papad making business
The cost for Aam papad making business is listed below:
Aam papad making machinery price is Rs. Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000.
The cost of raw materials is Rs. 50,000
Other miscellaneous charges are Rs. 10,000
So total you need to arrange Rs. 1,10,000 to Rs. 1,50,000 based on the scale of the unit.
You should not require much capital to start this business. But you require some money to acquire the machinery for manufacturing activities and for this purpose you can avail of loans from banks. The government also offers some subsidy facilities to endorse small scale businesses.
Profits in Aam papad making business
You can make good profits in Aam papad making business in India. You can expect a profit range from 30% to 40% in this business as it incurs less cost of investment. The main point in this business is taste and quality.
How to sell Aam papad?
You can go directly to the shops and sell Aam papad of your firm. By doing this you will cut off the wholesale commission and gain profits.
Open your shop
You can even open your shop if the budget is not a constraint and sell your Aam papad. You can even sell other things as well and thus get profits.
Sell your Aam papad online
You can sell your Aam papad in local markets or you can even sell in the medical stores. You can also register in B2B websites and B2C websites in online markets to promote your products.
You can also sell your products in supermarkets, small stores in shopping malls, etc. Advertise about your product through social media to get a huge number of clients in this way you can increase and promote your business. Even though there are several Aam papad manufacturers in India, but the demand for encouraging the new product is also high because of its taste. So, you need not worry about the market. You can sell your product based on the Aam papad wholesale price in India.
Aam papad is desired by many people in other countries too. Thus you have the option to export your product. You can even export your Aam papad to the Indians belonging to outside India and it will result in founding the goodwill of your business.
Promotion of your company
You can select from various available possibilities for advertising your company. You can provide even some samples for free and the shopkeepers can distribute it to their customers and through this people will get the knowledge about your product and they could then begin purchasing Aam papad of your firm.
Print media: You can even advertise products/companies by placing ads in newspapers and brochures. You can hand out these brochures through newspapers or by any individual.
Promotion through electronic media
Electronic media is the standard model of promotion. Radio and T.V are could be a costly way but most effective.
Promotion through social media
Those who have sound knowledge of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram can use it to spread their business well. You can even hire a professional for this purpose for your Aam papad.
Based on the scale of business you must plan the number of employees but the budget is also a major concern.
Necessity of training
- It is most important to have training while making Aam papad before initiating into this business and once you become perfect then you can begin and even train others.
- You can also get training from YouTube videos/tutorials thoroughly.
- Along with this business, you can produce things like “DaalKe papad”, “Chawalke papad” for having more profit.
Key points regarding Aam Papad making business
You must be very cautious in terms of preserving hygiene while preparing Aam papad as if the customers find anything strange or unhygienic in your product (e.g. Hair or any organism) then it will pose a negative impact on your trade and they might not buy your product ever again.
- Make sure to preserve the quality of your product healthier than your competitors to prosper.
- Sell only fresh Aam papad in the marketplace. The ones that have developed old or are not fit for eating must be discarded and not traded at any cost as they can be injurious for people’s health.
- If you don’t want to solely undertake the business then you can even partner up with someone trustworthy. You must prepare appropriate legal documents for the partnership purpose.
- If you carry on this business intelligently and elegantly then it can provide you huge earnings turning out to be a fruitful business for you.
To reduce input costs and more profits in Aam Papad making business, you can start a commercial Mango Farming.