Introduction to top 8 profitable manufacturing business ideas to start this year in India: The manufacturing sector apparently employs around 12% of the Indian workforce. Approximately 16% to 17% of its GDP is attributed to the sector, according to a study from 2014. In the Indian economy, the manufacturing sector’s contribution should rise to 25%. Across India, the government is implementing many initiatives to promote manufacturing business ideas in various sectors, including food, fashion, amenities, leisure, and more. This has led to the manufacturing business in India expanding day by day. Here is a comprehensive list of the most profitable manufacturing business ideas in India for 2022.
A guide to top 8 profitable manufacturing business ideas to start this year
Wooden or MDF Furniture Manufacturing Business
During 2020-2024, the Indian furniture market will grow at a CAGR of 12.91 per cent, according to a recent report. As a result, you can opt for a profitable manufacturing business idea in India in the future by manufacturing wooden or MDF furniture.
A well-ventilated workshop with skilled carpenters or workers is essential for opening a wooden, MDF, or particleboard furniture manufacturing business. Minimum Investment Required: You can start this business with an investment of 2,50,000 INR or above.
Garments or Clothes Manufacturing Business
Silk and cotton are two of India’s most famous fabrics. Consider that you live in a state in India known for its quality cotton or silk production or a state with an excellent source of raw materials required to manufacture garments. If that is the case, then there is no better idea than to start a clothing manufacturing business. Small-scale businesses can be started right from your home, and later on, you can expand into a bigger facility with advanced machinery and a skilled workforce.
How To Start This Venture: If you want to start clothes manufacturing business, you will need to locate close to raw materials and import and export hubs.
Minimum Investment Required: This manufacturing business idea can be started on a small scale with an investment of approximately 6000 INR or on a large scale with an investment of approximately 4,00,000 INR.
Disposable Cutleries Manufacturing Business
In recent years, the demand for fast food joints and takeaways has grown significantly. Disposable cutlery has also grown significantly. As a means to raise the delivery standards of their food, these restaurants are considering adapting high-quality yet economical disposable cutleries such as paper napkins, cups, spoons, forks, plates, and bowls. Therefore, it makes sense to invest and plan in the disposable cutleries manufacturing business in India.
How To Start This Venture: If you want to start a disposable cutlery manufacturing business, you need a production facility, a proper ventilation system, and a power backup system, as well as a workforce to manage the factory and the import or export sales cycle of the business.
Minimum Investment Required: You need to invest a lump sum in the amount of 1,50,000 INR or above.
Cakes, Cookies, Or Bakery Items Manufacturing Business
In case if you miss this: Profitable Street Food Business Ideas.
In the food sector, were you aware that bakeries are among India’s most important industries? The demand for and supply of bakery products in India is undeniable due to its vibrant festivals and celebrations. Your business can specialize in cake, cookie, or bakery items manufacturing if you are skilled at baking or have a team of skilled bakers.
How To Start This Venture:
The manufacturing of cakes, cookies, and bakery items can be started as a home-based business at first. A full-scale bakery business setup is an option as your manufacturing business needs and requirements increase.
Minimum Investment Required: This business requires a minimum investment of 12,000 INR.
Fashion or Precious Jewellery Manufacturing Business
India’s jewellery industry is also among the most profitable in the country, much like garments and clothes. Fashion and precious jewellery pieces with customized or unique designs are more popular nowadays. Consider you have a creative eye for Jewellery design. In that case, you might want to start a jewellery design and manufacturing business as well as market them with a planned marketing strategy for maximum profits.
How To Start This Venture:
It is important that you find a quality raw material supplier for fashion jewellery pieces if you want to start a precious jewellery business. A trustworthy and certified dealer of precious metals, such as gold, silver, platinum, and gemstones, including diamonds, pearls, sapphires, topaz, quartz, and more, is needed to manufacture precious jewellery.
Minimum Investment Required: The investment can range from around 6000 INR to about 5,00,000 INR, which can be enough to start this business idea as a small manufacturing business.
Candle Manufacturing Business
How about this: Profitable Healthcare Business Ideas.
In India, demand for different types of candles is booming. There are many types of candles available to people today, such as aromatic candles, textured candles, figurine candles, aesthetic candles, therapy candles, customized candles, and more, for different occasions and festivals. Research and detailed market surveys should be conducted in a systematic and detailed manner, with no looking back. As a small-scale business idea, candle making can be started from your home and the demand can be met globally.
How To Start This Ventur: Like a candle manufacturer, you will need reliable raw material suppliers, a well-ventilated spot for manufacturing candles, and a particular product line.
Minimum Investment Required: As a small-scale manufacturing business, you can start this business with an investment of around 11,000 INR.
You may also check this: Top 20 Online Business Ideas With Zero Investment.
Home Manufacturing Business Ideas
It is not necessary to invest a lot of money or capital for a business to be successful. The following are the best manufacturing businesses in India that can be started at home. The following is a list of the most profitable manufacturing business in India at home:
- Handcrafted Candles
- Pickle Making Business
- Social Media Influencing
- Customized Tailoring
- Papad Making Business
- Customized Files and Envelopes
Best Manufacturing Business In India
Below are some of the best manufacturing business ideas to start in India in 2021:
Exotic and organic handmade soaps – People are increasingly seeking chemical-free alternatives to everyday products. It costs 1.5 to 2 lakhs rupees to start an organic soap business, and the best thing about it is that you will not have a problem converting prospects.
There are many options to choose from when it comes to homemade chocolates, from white, milk, and dark chocolates, as well as nuts, mousses, etc., and customized options.
- Handicrafts Business – Indian handicraft items manufacturing businesses are in high demand in India. A low-investment business model that bridges the gap between customers and artisans. Hence, guaranteeing a future financial gain. The idea of recycling clothing is also known as a GEN-Z trend business idea that enables you to create fashionable outfits from old garments.
- Personal Care Products– Organic and chemical-free products are becoming more popular due to the fewer or no side effects they have. A single product can be launched or a series can be launched.
- Accessories For Smartphones– There is a great deal of interest in this business idea. It is possible to start a business repairing mobile phones if you know how to do it. In India, there are almost 750 million smartphone users, and as a result, the demand for people who can repair smartphones is high since not everyone can afford to buy a new phone when it malfunctions. In addition to smartphone repair, you can also sell customers mobile accessories and credit recharges.
- Eco-Friendly Bags– In addition to paper, jute, and canvas clothes that are more durable, you can also produce a lot of alternatives from plastic bags.
- Footwear– Locally crafted and homegrown brands are increasingly popular as people experiment with changing trends. Increasingly, consumers are looking for cruelty-free, non-leather, trendy, yet comfortable footwear.
- Peanut Butter Making Business Plan: Equipment, Cost, and Profit
- Tyre Fitment Centre Business: Plan, License, Cost to Start, and Profits
- How to Start Gold Import-Export Business in India: A Step-by-Step Profitable Guide for Beginners
- 10 Best Artificial Jewellery Manufacturers in India
- 12 Best Paper Cup Manufacturers in India
- 10 Garden Tools Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Fertilizer-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 9 Profitable Repair-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Disposable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Solar-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 7 Profitable Biodegradable-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Insurance-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment
- 10 Profitable Construction-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Manufacturing-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 9 Profitable Glass Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Lemongrass-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 9 Profitable Spirulina-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Herbal-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 11 Profitable Neem-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 12 Profitable Synthetic-Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Manufacturing Businesses
- How to Choose the Right F&O Trading Platform – A Comprehensive Guide
- 13 Profitable Handmade Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Meat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Businesses
- 13 Profitable Pets Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Services
- 13 Profitable Medical Equipment Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Beauty-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing and Services
- 10 Profitable Citrus-Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Leather Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Garlic Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Ginger Based Business Ideas: Low-cost and Low-Investment Production Businesses
- 10 Profitable Organic Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Health and Wellness Based Business Ideas: Low-Cost and Low-Investment Businesses
- 10 Profitable Turmeric Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Rose-Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 7 Profitable Sugarcane Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Banana Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 20 Profitable Heat Press Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Printing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Wheat Based Business Ideas: Low Cost and Low Investment Manufacturing Businesses
- 10 Profitable Corn Based Business Ideas: Make Money with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Jute Based Business Ideas: Make Money with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Cotton Based Business Ideas: Money Making with Low Investment
- 10 Profitable Compost Based Business Ideas: Money Making with Low Investment
- Does Landscaping Increase the Value of Your Property? Relation Between Landscaping and Property Value
- 10 Profitable Soybean Based Business Ideas: Small Scale Low-investment Soybean Businesses
- 10 Profitable Almond Based Business Ideas: Small Scale Business Plans With Low Investment