introduction to the top 20 ways to make extra money: You’re not the only one looking to earn some extra money from a side hustle. In my conversations with hundreds of people, I found that many were interested in making some extra money, but didn’t know where to start. The side businesses have generated hundreds of dollars or a few hundred dollars at most, while others have turned into successful businesses.
Here is where you can get extra money if you need it, like, yesterday. We have compiled a list of inventive ways for you to fatten your bank account this month. Perhaps something he refits your needs. Our list of over 20 ways to make extra money truly works regardless of the type of side hustle you are interested in.
Top 20 ways to make extra money
Turn your junk mail into cash
On a table is a pile of mail that is unorganized. Have you ever noticed how many flyers and advertisements you receive each day? Are they the ones you do not want but do not know how to opt out of receiving?
Market research company Small Business Knowledge (SBK) Center wants to peek into your mailbox. Become a member of its consumer panel, and start throwing junk mail into a postage-paid envelope and sending it to the SBK Center every week. Yes, you won’t be making a lot of money, but you can earn as much as $20 per six to ten weeks.
Get paid to drop a few pounds
Getting healthier and earning money at the same time is a win-win situation. What better way to motivate yourself?
- Set a weight target and the timeframe you will give yourself for reaching it.
- Make a monthly wager ranging from $20 to $500 on yourself.
- Your chance of winning up to $10,000 depends on how much money you put on the table, how long you give yourself to do it, and how much you lose. Are you wondering if it can really work? Christina Castro, who lost 84 pounds through exercise, earned $1,191 in the process.
Take charge of your schedule as a data entry clerk
Despite the fact that data entry isn’t the best-paying online job, you can do it with little experience or training; you just need a computer and a reliable internet connection. Minimum age of 18 is also required.
Clean up search engine mistakes
In determining the results you see, search engines use complicated algorithms – and they don’t get it right every time. Since they are susceptible to errors, humans are needed to evaluate the results and determine their quality, relevance, and usefulness. They can typically earn $12 an hour for their work.
In case if you miss this: Top 10 Zero Waste Business Ideas
Find a job as a search engine evaluator if you want to spend your time cleaning up Google’s mess (or Bing’s or Yahoo! ‘s). Lionbridge, a tech company, typically hires for these positions, with salaries between $12 and $15 per hour.
Rent out your ping-pong table
Have fun playing table tennis in the office with the start-up team. Do you have a Ping-Pong table you don’t use? Renting it might come in handy for someone’s party, so why not? Due to websites like Zilok that make it easy for you to rent out your home, almost anything in your house can now be rented out for money.
Zilok allows individual members to post listings for free, but rental companies have to pay. You will have to create a post with a description, photos, and a price per day to list an item on Zilok. Renters who find your product through Zilok pay a commission based on the price of your listing. A $1 commission is charged for listings under $10. For all other price categories, fees range from 5% to 9%.
Do online transcription
Working on her laptop, a woman sits on a sidewalk bench. With an online transcription job, you can finally test out those listening skills you honed while eavesdropping on your roommates. Transcription jobs typically require typing tests to gauge your speed and accuracy. Before you sign up for a service, make sure you know what you’re getting into. You may be listening to a car commercial or court hearings, for example.
Answer the phone
A young woman is walking down the street. With her sunglasses on, she stares at the screen of her smartphone. Would you be interested in providing customer service from the comfort of your own home? As companies shift away from running call centers, more and more companies hire work-from-home customer service representatives. Depending on the job and location, these jobs can be full- or part-time and offer a range of schedule options, including daytime, evening, and weekend shifts.
Create and sell courses
In a modern college building, students with female teachers during a lesson. A woman in her 50s explains this to students in their 20s. Are you a self-taught coder who knows how to simplify instructions? Then you could create your own online course. You may be an expert in finger-picking techniques for acoustic guitar, so you could deliver a course about that as well. You don’t need a master’s degree to create and host online courses with Udemy if you’re good at explaining whatever you know.
Get crafty (but don’t get too crafty)
The hand of a person writing in calligraphy is shown in a notebook. Etsy is a great place to sell your art if you’re creative. In spite of the fees, such as the 5% transaction fee, the marketplace connects with more than 33 million buyers worldwide.
Even if you don’t consider yourself an artsy person, you can make money on Etsy by selling craft supplies. According to Penny Hoarder contributor Janet Berry-Johnson, selling needlecraft kits and patterns earned her about $200 a month.
Publish a kindle book
A Woman uses a digital tablet while enjoying her time at home. You could write a book if you’re an expert in a particular field or have a fascinating life experience. But you don’t have to send it out to all the major publishing houses in New York City.
In case if you miss this: Top 10 Best Courier Franchise Opportunities
Teach english as a second language
If a classroom full of dirty squealing children is not your scene, we understand. There are still ways to make a living as a teacher. Alternatively, you could be a teacher who works from home, sets your own hours. The Internet offers a variety of online learning platforms that teach English as a second language to students around the world.
Pretend to be a patient
New doctors are trained using fake patients, formally known as “standardized patients.” This is essentially an acting job, according to Gabrielle Nuki’s NPR profile. While medical students examine her, the 16-year-old is paid $15 to $20 per hour to play different roles. You can find this type of work at a number of medical schools if you’re an actor and don’t mind being poked and prodded by aspiring doctors.
Earn up to $30/day watching movies
The couple is leaning close to each other as they watch a movie together. Data about the audience that attends movie premieres is important for movie theaters and studios. It is important to find out how many people attend the opening day screening, what time of the day is the most popular, and which previews are being screened. In addition, they want independent data from independent evaluators, which is where you come in.
In case if you miss this: Top 17 Automobile Business Ideas To Start
Be recognized for your active lifestyle
It rewards you for making healthy moves, including increasing your step count and logging your sleep, if you live an active lifestyle (or need an incentive to be more active). It works passively by connecting to the health apps on your phone and running in the background. Users report being happily surprised after logging on and checking their results. You’ll earn $10 after you earn 10,000 points, which you can deposit into your bank account.
Get paid to tutor kids online
The mother is working at home on a laptop with her daughter. Do you love children but do not want to commit to teaching them? Tutoring students online can earn you money. Just take notes from the former teacher who earns up to $75 per hour. If you don’t know where to start, we’ve compiled a list of companies hiring online tutors.
Sell your smartphone photos
Making money just got a whole lot easier if you have a smartphone and a photographic eye. Of course, you’ll also need marketable scenery. Your smartphone photos can be converted into cash using an app called Foap.
The following is how it works:
- Install the free app and create an account.
- Upload a high-quality photo to Foap’s marketplace.
- Someone purchases a $10 license for your photo. Then you make $5.
You will end up with $100 if your photo sells 20 times for $5 each time — all from just five minutes of work. That’s pretty amazing, right?
You can make a living as a freelance writer, editor, or both. Take notes from Jamie Cattanach, who earned more than $50,000 in her first year as a freelancer. It was several thousand more than she earned on a salary when she worked full time. She offered some advice to aspiring freelancers after struggling to start her own business.
In case if you miss this: Top 25 Low-Cost Business Ideas For Beginners
Rent out your old baby gear
A woman pushes two babies in a double stroller through a store. Are you a mother? It’s likely that you have a lot of baby gear. Playsets, cribs, and car seats are a few examples. When your kid grows out of those things, don’t let them collect dust. Consider renting out those old baby necessities to traveling parents. Since how much does checking a stroller on a plane cost?
Work from someone else’s house
It’s nice to be able to work from home, but sometimes it’s nice to experience a new place – perhaps in a new city or country. Take into account house sitting. If you can take care of a person’s house (and maybe a pet or two) while they’re away, you will be rewarded greatly.
Search for unclaimed money
There are over $43 billion in unclaimed funds in state treasuries throughout the U.S., according to The New York Times. All left unclaimed! It awaits you to come to play lost and found. You can check with the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators to see if you have any unclaimed money.
Get paid to sleep
Could there be a more effective way to make money? There isn’t one that we know of. However, you can get paid just for sleeping. Researchers around the world offer people payment to participate in sleep studies. One woman made $12,000 by participating in a sleep study. This is how she did it.
- Ultimate Guide to Starting a Home-Based Advertising Agency Business
- Starting a Nail Salon Near Your Location: Check List, Business Plan, Licensing, and Opening Instructions
- Construction Company Name Ideas: Guide to Create New Construction Company Names
- 8 Best Small Businesses to Start in Hyderabad: Low-Cost and Profitable
- 10 Best Small Businesses to Start in Massachusetts: Low-Cost and Profitable
- 10 Best Small Businesses to Start in Maryland: Low-Investment and Profitable
- 10 Best Small Businesses to Start in Delaware: Low-Investment and Profitable
- 10 Best Small Businesses to Start in Connecticut: Low-Investment and Profitable
- Top 10 Best Online Pet Business Ideas: Exploring Cats to Dogs
- 10 Best Small Businesses to Start in Colorado: Low-Investment and Profitable
- Top 10 Profitable Small Business Ideas in California: Low-Investment Tips
- From Little Rock to Fayetteville: Top 10 Profitable Small Business Ideas in Arkansas
- Top 10 Profitable Small Business Ideas in Alabama: Discover Opportunities in Alabama’s Growing Cities
- Top 10 Profitable Small Business Ideas in Arizona: Discover Opportunities in Arizona’s Growing Cities
- Golf Business Ideas: Exploring Golf Course Money Making Ideas
- Low Capital Profitable Small Farm Ideas: Farming Ideas to Make Money
- How to Write a Business Plan for Daycare: Exploring from Financial Projections to Risk Management
- Home Daycare License Requirements: Exploring State-wise In-home Daycare Requirements
- How Profitable is Day Care Business: How Much Does a Daycare Owner Make a Month or Year?
- How to Open a Daycare Center in Toronto, Canada: Business Plan, Licenses and Permits
- How to Start Meal Prep and Delivery Services: A Popular Business Idea
- How to Start a Milk Chilling Plant Business
- How to Start Coconut Shell Charcoal Business: Business Plan for Maximizing Profits
- 10 Value-Added Business Ideas for Fish Farmers: Low-Investment and Highly Profitable
- 9 Value-added Business Ideas for Poultry Farmers: Low-investment and Highly Profitable
- 9 Value-added Business Ideas for Pig Farmers: Low-investment and Highly Profitable
- 10 Value-added Business Ideas for Beekeepers: Low-investment and Highly Profitable
- 10 Saffron Value-added Business Ideas: Low-investment and High Profit-margin
- Uncovering the Untapped Potential: 10 Hidden Gems in the Small Business Sector
- 10 Value-added Business Ideas for Apricots: Low-Investment and Highly Profitable
- The Complete Guide to Launching a Landscape Design Business
- 10 Profitable Small Business Ideas in the Real Estate Industry
- Innovative Ideas for Starting an Organic Beauty Products Brand
- Profitable Small Business Ideas in the Fitness Industry: Low-investment and High-profits
- The Rise of Micro-Entrepreneurship: Small-Scale Ventures with Big Potential
- The Pros and Cons of Crowdfunding for Small Businesses